Best guess at today’s line-up? | Vital Football

Best guess at today’s line-up?

OneSirKeefy

Vital Football Hero
So, with Marshall gone, O’Connor injured, Akinde in and Willock fit, we might look a little different today.

What’s your best guess at our starting line up and formation today?

I think SE might keep it as close to previous to start, and maybe show us more what we will be like from here on with the subs (assuming the game requires subs or changing.

I’ll go for - 4-4-2 diamond

Bonham
Fuller Ehmer Tucker Ogilvie
Jones O’Keefe Pringle Lee
Roberts Hanlon

Used subs -
Akinde Jakubiak and hopefully Willock

Unused subs
Hodson, Walsh. RCC, Mandron

Feeling a little sorry for Mika Mandron. He seemed to be really striking up a decent partnership with Hanlon the few games before he became a dad. Then the lay off for 2 games and he can’t get his spot back. And unlikely to be a regular starter now that Akinde is here.

I think we will stay tight and hard to beat so the only change I see is akinde up front and possible Roberts replacing O'Connor (if his injury keeps him out).

Evans talks about four points from next six. Draw today and win Wednesday. Looking forward to us being a bit more attacking at home with Pringle, Willock and Akinde coming in.

I think we will stay tight and hard to beat so the only change I see is akinde up front and possible Roberts replacing O'Connor (if his injury keeps him out).

Evans talks about four points from next six. Draw today and win Wednesday. Looking forward to us being a bit more attacking at home with Pringle, Willock and Akinde coming in.

Hang on, Mark, are you declaring a defeat at Burton ? We`ve done OK there in recent years - won there last season IIRC.

I see no reason not to get three points today.
You only get three points for a draw on the pools - a win means we have to put the ball in the net. A win would be great as we're solid at the back but that's at the expense of attacking prowess. I'd love us to get an away win, which could mean opening up on Wednesday.

Injuries may well force SE to go a bit more adventurous/attacking in our line up. With no O'Connor and Marshall going not available it presumably means either Pringle will into the team in midfield which gives us a bit more attacking threat.

I'd be tempted to go 4-4-2, get Akinde and Jak up top and play Hanlon wide right, Pringle wide left and Jones and O'keefe in the centre (it's also possible to then go 4-3-3 without changing personnel).

As others have said at some point we have to start winning games away, draws won't get us to where SE says he wants us to be.

Think we have to start going for away wins if we want to catch the leaders. Unless a catastrophic event hits us, we are not looking at relegation and we should start gambling on getting away wins. If we fall short we are only dropping an away point.

"Unless a catastrophic event hits us ..."

Oh God!

I'd be tempted to go 4-4-2, get Akinde and Jak up top and play Hanlon wide right, Pringle wide left and Jones and O'keefe in the centre (it's also possible to then go 4-3-3 without changing personnel).
How can you not make changes if you propose Akinde, Pringle and Jakubiak start?

This is my best guess:- Bonham, Fuller, Ehmer, Ogilvie, Tucker, Jones, O’Keefe, Lee, Roberts, Hanlan, Akinde. Subs: Walsh, Hodson, Charles-Cook, Willock, Pringle, Jakubiak, Mandron.

Yes, your prize is two free pints of your choice (I'd go for whisky) in the Queen's Head. Gills 58 will give you directions...

No, no, no. Gills58 lives there. He’s the worst person to give you directions, he never has to find his way there.