Best free kick ever? | Vital Football

Best free kick ever?

in_the_top_one

Vital Football Legend
I loved watching that Brazil team - surely one of the best ever.
I love the run up from the centre circle.
I love Roberto Carlos's arrogance that it might go in.
I love the fact that we simultaneously couldn't believe he was going to take it on but also knew it had a very good chance of going in.
I love the outrageous, physics-bending, swerve.
I love the fact he got that swerve with the outside of his boot.
I love the keeper's reaction (Barthez).
I love that it was against France, in France, and that France went on to win the world cup in a final against the same team.

It isn't Forest or Pearce or Metgod or PVH or McGugan or Beckham against Greece - all of which are amazing, and others too - but I still think this is my favourite free kick ever.
Prove me wrong, gentlemen.

I loved watching that Brazil team - surely one of the best ever.
I love the run up from the centre circle.
I love Roberto Carlos's arrogance that it might go in.
I love the fact that we simultaneously couldn't believe he was going to take it on but also knew it had a very good chance of going in.
I love the outrageous, physics-bending, swerve.
I love the fact he got that swerve with the outside of his boot.
I love the keeper's reaction (Barthez).
I love that it was against France, in France, and that France went on to win the world cup in a final against the same team.

It isn't Forest or Pearce or Metgod or PVH or McGugan or Beckham against Greece - all of which are amazing, and others too - but I still think this is my favourite free kick ever.
Prove me wrong, gentlemen.

I agree about the Free Kick being the best, but not about that Brazil team being one of the best ever.

Very few of that side would have gotten into the 1970's team, if any.

The 1970 Finals was probably the strongest there has ever been; England had a better side than the one which won it four years earlier; The Germans had a better side as well, and the Italians had a great side which was made to look very ordinary by the Brazilians in the Final

Pele had probably gone past his best at that time but was still brilliant; Jairzinho, Rivellino, Tostao and Clodoaldo would have graced any side in any era, but the star man in that tournament was Gerson, who was immense.

Not only is this the greatest free kick ever it’s also the second best ever football moment behind Slippy G falling over against Chelsea.

You can’t help looking back at the casually racist way that Motty, et al, describe(d) dodgy performances and individual ‘moments’, as naïve.

You can’t help looking back at the casually racist way that Motty, et al, describe(d) dodgy performances and individual ‘moments’, as naïve.

I just expect it from old people duck. There was a time where people had started to begrudgingly accept that racism was wrong but then luckily for them Farage & his merry band of wankers made it ok again.

That’s the chap owd NLN told to go back wherever he was from wasn’t it? Around the same time he was standing up for people supporting the EDL.

that’s him. He also said it even though he’d already signed him on a permanent that same month following a loan spell.... very Brent.

That’s the chap owd NLN told to go back wherever he was from wasn’t it? Around the same time he was standing up for people supporting the EDL.

Yes, NLN signed him and then said he should go back to wherever he got him from.