Best ever RE song/chant | Page 3 | Vital Football

Best ever RE song/chant

The football league , echoed repeat
Is upside down , echoed repeat
The football league is upside down
We're going up , with Northampton
The football league is upside down

Early to mid 90's

Buddha's just reminded me! Remember that video of the singing fish market stall holder that went viral? "Very very nice, one fat fish" etc. I adapted that for Matt Fish, sang it a couple of times at away games and later couldn't believe my ears when I heard the Rainham End singing it. One of my proudest moments as a Gills fan! Unfortunately, he then got injured and the song was lost.

'Cheer up Barry Fry, oh what can it mean, to a fat cockney bastard and a shit football team'. Sung to him as he walked down the touchline, and throughout the game when he was Posh manager quite a while back.
For you young'un's on here, it was sung to the tune of Daydream Believer

Sung to Norwich fans sing when your farming you only sing when your farming lol

Any rural team had us singing "fertilizer, fertilizer, fertilizer" to Hare Krishna. They could be from Exeter or Peterborough -it all sounded like The Archers to us.

We all come from the Medway Towns, doo dah doo dah

Plus generics
Knees Up Mother Brown/What a Rotten Song
We all piss in a Red/White/Claret and Amber pot (ok we never sang the last one)
All we are saying, is give us a goal (Give Peace a Chance)
Give us a Goal (Troggs -Give It To Me)
Ooooooh it's a corner.
He shot. He missed. He must be fughing pissed, also
He's here he's there, he's every fughing (Brendan Behan) where, Uncle Bill, Uncle Bill
Show them the way to go home. They're tired and they want to go to bed.
When the red, red robin comes bob bob bobbing along, shoot the bastard
We are ace, we are cool, we are Gillingham and we rule
Come and have some bother (bovva) with us down the Rainham End etc
I hear the sound, of distant bums, over there, over there etc
If I had the wings of a swallow, if I had the arse of crow, etc

Did we manage "we're the best behaved supporters in the land (when we win)?

My favorites, however, are
Gillingham clap clap clap ( so Our Betters in the Main Stand can join in)
and
Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeulls.

They're really all you need. *

*Of course, none of us have mentioned "that chant' from the 60's which those of us who did it are all pretty ashamed of now.

I know itā€™s a marmite song, but I loved ā€œThe Last Waltzā€ on the days when there was a special atmosphere in the RE. Canā€™t beat it. Hairs on the back of the neck stuff on a couple of occasions.

Love it or loathe it - itā€™s our song.

Peterboro can feck right off.

I am a bit deaf but this song appears to be a good fit for the Gills .
"We are Pik*ys" as I ended up calling it when my son played it .With a bit of work I think it could make a great football chanting song .

Slightly off topic, but whatā€™s the status quo chant at the moment? Sounds very good even though I didnā€™t quite catch the lyrics

A one off from the Rainham End, during a pre season warm-up vs Norwich City....One black canary, there's only one black canary.....Mr Fashanu turned to the Rainham end with a massive smile on his face.