Benitez seems like a canny chap... | Vital Football

Benitez seems like a canny chap...

officemonkey

Vital Champions League
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/10283524/rafa-benitez-admits-his-heart-is-telling-him-to-stay-at-newcastle-united

Over to you, fat ****. You have one job.

If he has any modicum of sense he will be doing all he can to keep Benitez sadly we know how the fat **** rolls so i wont be surprised if he manages to fuck this one up as well.

Yep, his parents and wife don't hate him because he does the right things. He's a monumental **** who has struck lucky a few times. Morally, he wouldn't know the right thing to do if it cheated on him, took all his money and remarried him before slapping him on his abhorrent face.

Well this is very interesting stuff. He's a cool customer Rafa like isn't he? He is backing them into an ever tightening corner I think. How on earth does the porky one explain things - or rather gets penfold to explain things - if he doesn't stay?

I think Rafa is doing a King Kev in that he is starting to fall in love with NUFC. But unlike Keegan that isn't going to be enough. They're not dealing with a patsy here either - this guy knows what it's all about. Full control or forget it.

I alluded to this scenario the other day. Whisper it but, if he goes, I think there actually may be a backlash, which is what most on here have prayed for. In turn - and finally - this would put some heat up on fatty's ample and overly-rotund arse in the process.

If he does stay, Newcastle will bounce straight back up cos, by definition, he must have all the assurances he wants and there won't be a manager to touch him in that league. There would be no interference. The downside will be that Ashley will still be here. Hmmmm. Quite a conundrum.

Aye benitez has backed fatty into a corner if he goes that means fatty wouldn't agree to his terms, which were 100% correct. will the sheep tear their ST's up probably not, god forbid they have to go shopping with their missus or have anything to do with their kids on a Saturday.

Benitez does things the right way. If he goes elsewhere then we all know what has happened. 9 years tells me it will all go tits up. A bloke whose own parents hate him tells me he will fuck this up monumentally. If Benitez stays, he still fucked up. This should've been done before the Madrid offer last summer. Benitez was always on a hiding to nowt. Once again proving that Ashley is as thick as a castle wall. People say he's rich for a reason yet if you look at it all, he made one lucky decision and just moves from blunder to blunder. He's very similar to Donald Trump. Hit lucky that his dad was rich and has fucked everything he has tried to do. If he'd just kept his inheritance in the bank he'd be richer!

It's 50/50 like. On one hand it's a certainty that Ashley will be offering Rafa the world as he hoys all the eggs in the going up basket due to the obscene cash available in the top league. I dare say every box will be ticked.

However, the mind casts back to Keegan and on agreeing negotiations with another club him finding out that Ashley and co were back on the phone offering lower prices. Trust that isn't there from us wont just magically reappear, There'll always be doubts.

That said, we get Rafa and he's given free reign in an honest position for once then it's win, win for everyone and eventually after a decade and more of shite, we can start to think about getting back to what this club should be about and that's concentrating on what goes on, on the pitch.

Until then though, we wait.

He has been so refreshing compared to previous clowns that have sat in that seat, **** 1 and **** 2 will fuck it up no doubt, but its nice to at least think about what a guy like Rafa could for the club if given control to do things the right way.

A few players are making noises about staying. In the past hour or so, Mbemba and Tim Krul has said they're staying to help us back up, so maybe they know something we dont about Rafa.

With those 3 staying as well as Mitrovic seemingly wanting to stay we have a spine in the team nearly. Here's hoping Townsend and Shelvey stay too. The rest can fuck off.

One thing worth noting is after the game yesterday, Benitez said when asked what assurances would he need to stay, one of them was that he wanted a strong side kept here in order to have the best chance of coming back up.

It's as if the club has been rallying round behind the scenes getting loads of players to say they want to stay in order to sway the stay.

Ive just been reading that Valencia are in for Benitez. Bloody hell he has a get out clause why would he want to manage in the championship when he can manage in the best league in the world in Spain.

billybobcat - 16/5/2016 20:39

Ive just been reading that Valencia are in for Benitez. Bloody hell he has a get out clause why would he want to manage in the championship when he can manage in the best league in the world in Spain.

I read one before on newsnow but the headline didn't match the content. It basically said that Valencia had approached Benitez but when his mind is set on something, it can't be changed.

Whether it means it was info during the 10 game stint or it's new is unclear but you can understand the pull for Rafa if he's given the right tools, it's a no lose job with the pressure off to an extent. He wouldn't get that anywhere else.

Townsend is another making the right noises.

His Dad said earlier that he can see him here for a few years plus tomorrow's journal has quotes from him saying that we'll come straight back up next season and then be near the top of the premier league if Benitez stays.

Are these players doing this because they know they've been an absolute shambles and don't deserve to go to another team?

Play shit all year, expect to leave to a better club. Makes no sense.

Janmaat hasn't got any international football either, so won't be able to flaunt himself.