Ben Watson (Watford) | Page 2 | Vital Football

Ben Watson (Watford)

It looks like Watford cancelled his contract so that he can join us on a free.

Now that he is a free agent he can join outside of the window.

URABLOODYDISGRACE - 1/2/2018 14:36

orbitalforest - 1/2/2018 14:33

Fingers crossed on this one.

Yes I think Watson is the most important one of the lot. A real leader in the centre of midfield who will organise things.

Leadership. Really crucial thing Forest have lacked in all areas of the park. But to have a CM General would be fantastic. In that regard, he could be the most important one.

I hope this one gets over the line.

Could you imagine Watson and Dawson in the same side? That's what Forest could do with.

SA.

farcall2 - 1/2/2018 14:43

why the delay do you think ?

Hopefully just formalities and not a rival bid for his services. He would be an essential addition.

What Forest have needed for years. CM has been weak, off the pace and over run for ages. Forest have been out muscled far too often this side. You need to be able to 'mix it up' in the Championship.

SA.

Interesting that a 'free agent' left back is on the agenda - in addition to Watson.

Dawson - free to sign a pre-contract & I'd be shocked if he didn't join, given that terms were agreed last night!

Calvin Plummer - 1/2/2018 15:32

He's incredibly injury prone, only managed 30 starts once in his entire career.

Twice actually but the point is a valid one.

If he does choose elsewhere it might not be the worst thing for us

Will.NFFC - 1/2/2018 18:00

I didn't think you could sign a pre contract if the player comes from another English club?

Technically you can't..... doesn't stop such deals being pre-agreed.

Dawson is now free to openly talk to whoever he wants to - I can see why Hull wanted to hang onto him, but they could now end up with a Kelvin Wilson scenario.

Is the fullback free agent likely to be Hult as the contract could be terminated by both parties after the hearing?