Ben House | Vital Football

Ben House

He has been outstanding this season.

In August the debate was about why we had not recruited any back up for Hopper.

No one is asking that now...

Not many forwards his age from L1 clubs doing as well, in fact virtually none.

Will be interest in the summer for sure.

Very good player, hope we can keep him.
One slight criticism. Its good to be aggressive, but maybe he gets slightly too much on the odd occasion. Rather that way than being a pushover though.

The decision to sell Hopper at the time seemed very risky and left us with little cover up front. However Hopper is a player on his way down and House is certainly on his way up rapidly. The fact that Hopper can't get into the starting line up of a team struggling near the bottom of League two reinforces the fact that there are those at the club that know what they are doing!

Anyone know how long his contract is? If 2 years or less to go I hope we can tie him down to a longer contract so when we do come to sell him we get proper value. If he can improve his goals output next season his value will be very high as he adds so much with his aggression and pressing from the front.

Anyone know how long his contract is? If 2 years or less to go I hope we can tie him down to a longer contract so when we do come to sell him we get proper value. If he can improve his goals output next season his value will be very high as he adds so much with his aggression and pressing from the front.

A little unfair to expect him to improve his output when he is well above in goals scored versus expected goals from the chances he has had.

Probably we need to focus on giving him more service and then the goals will take care of themselves.

Last edited:
Of course, if we get three or four decent players in we MAY somehow manage promotion, in which case he will probably come with us. Just a thought 🤔

House is a strange one. We all think highly of him, but he appears to blow hot and cold. According to our ratings, he has failed to reach par score 17 times from 38 games rated this season.

House is a strange one. We all think highly of him, but he appears to blow hot and cold. According to our ratings, he has failed to reach par score 17 times from 38 games rated this season.

how does his average look from 1st half to 2nd half of the season?

feels like he’s been one of our most improved.

how does his average look from 1st half to 2nd half of the season?

feels like he’s been one of our most improved.
First 19 games: 6.53
Second 19 games: 6.19

As I say, a strange one. Perhaps his average has suffered because of some poor team performances overall, or because he has been the lone wolf too often to little avail.

The fans certainly appreciate him more than those scores would indicate.

He has been outstanding this season.

In August the debate was about why we had not recruited any back up for Hopper.

No one is asking that now...

Not many forwards his age from L1 clubs doing as well, in fact virtually none.

Will be interest in the summer for sure.

Never in question that House was talent in my view .That debate must have passed me by Chimp

A little unfair to expect him to improve his output when he is well above in goals scored versus expected goals from the chances he has had.

Probably we need to focus on giving him more service and then the goals will take care of themselves.

I mean by goal output just score more to really grab attention. Whether that be team create more chances or he puts more away.

hope that is satisfactory

First 19 games: 6.53
Second 19 games: 6.19

As I say, a strange one. Perhaps his average has suffered because of some poor team performances overall, or because he has been the lone wolf too often to little avail.

The fans certainly appreciate him more than those scores would indicate.

Thanks! That really does surprise me!

Never in question that House was talent in my view .That debate must have passed me by Chimp
At the start of the season I saw him as hopefully adequate back up to Hopper and with the hope he would get better...and in truth he has surprised me at just how well he has come on.

...but just looking back at the transfer thread on deadline day 1Sept, to confirm I didn't dream it.....

....God help us if Hopper gets and injury ...not in for a striker seems a risk to me and various other posts about being disappointed at no "extra" striker coming in.... were not a figment of my imagination.

At the start of the season I saw him as hopefully adequate back up to Hopper and with the hope he would get better...and in truth he has surprised me at just how well he has come on.

...but just looking back at the transfer thread on deadline day 1Sept, to confirm I didn't dream it.....

....God help us if Hopper gets and injury ...not in for a striker seems a risk to me and various other posts about being disappointed at no "extra" striker coming in.... were not a figment of my imagination.
Yes Chimp .Seems to me that poster was concerned we could become light up front if injuries set in.Cant see any criticism of House but you crack on mate .I really like your posts

Very good player, hope we can keep him.
One slight criticism. Its good to be aggressive, but maybe he gets slightly too much on the odd occasion. Rather that way than being a pushover though.

I certainly wouldn't want him to change this. I have heard certain people say he needs to curb it a bit but I disagree. That's exactly why he is the player he is and I cab only see him getting better next season. He harries and presses defenders and goalkeepers into mistakes.

We tend to forget that this is his first full season at this level and he has made the considerable jump up in level look seamless.

One final note he is the only player we have who will shoot immediately if he has sight of goal. All the others tend to faff around or look to play in someone for a better opportunity which is more often than not lost..

I certainly wouldn't want him to change this. I have heard certain people say he needs to curb it a bit but I disagree. That's exactly why he is the player he is and I cab only see him getting better next season. He harries and presses defenders and goalkeepers into mistakes.

We tend to forget that this is his first full season at this level and he has made the considerable jump up in level look seamless.

One final note he is the only player we have who will shoot immediately if he has sight of goal. All the others tend to faff around or look to play in someone for a better opportunity which is more often than not lost..
Me neither, he just has a slight tendency to attract the odd unnecessary card. I agree he's a cracking player.

If he was getting sent off several times a season I would be concerned about the aggression, but he's not, and its positives seem to outweigh its negatives, so he should not change.