Ben Arfa | Vital Football

Ben Arfa

The Pyrry

Vital Reserves Team
Is there any distance in the rumour doing the rounds about a potential return?

Gouffran out and Ben Arfa back would work for me

The Pyrry - 24/3/2017 08:38

Is there any distance in the rumour doing the rounds about a potential return?

Gouffran out and Ben Arfa back would work for me

Probably not as he's just hit 30 not long ago.

Talented player, but lazy and flawed.

I know a lot of people on here like him, but I wouldn't have him back.

Also not really a Benitez type player - he likes his players to work.

Can't see it. Can see him angling for a return though, for what he sees as unfinished business for us.

that would be a good shout a few seasons ago toony, but alas with Conte holding Moses in high regard thats a move that would not materialize.

I will be glad when the daft fucker (Ben Arfa) retires and we can have an end to this speculation. Didn't he have about 6 or 7 decent games for us (at best) and score 3 or 4 top class goals. Out of 86 appearances. Another Sissoko for me, turns it on when he can be arsed. Or as I have so often said a poor mans Kieron Dyer.

Ben Arfa was too good for the players around him as they weren't on his wavelength.

Id say he was very similar to Laurent Robert, although Robert got nowhere near the plaudits he should have done.

A non-starter, as no matter his skills, he's a work-shy disruptive influence.

Benitez would scratch him off no matter what his skill level.

Agreed. I think they used to call them "luxury players".

As for Robert he was tremendous for us. Him on one side and Solano on the other was a thing of real beauty when it was firing. Pulling defenders all over the pitch. I always felt Robert suffered a bit because he was too often compared with Ginola. Who was frankly incomparable imho.