Ben Arfa vs Ginola | Vital Football

Ben Arfa vs Ginola

Sir Laz

Vital Football Hero
Over the last 20 years we have had some special types of players who on their day were capable of tearing even the best defences to bits,we have been gifted with the likes of Beardsley,Cole,Asprilla and Robert...If you had to pick one who would be the stand out player between Ben Arfa and Ginola ?...Personally I have been fortunate to witness both players on both home and away grounds and think that Ben Arfa has the edge,more so in the fact that he can turn it on home or away where as Ginola was more of a homer type player...What do you think ?

I wouldn't like to choose

Ginola was a more elegant runner with the ball...his pace was deceiving at times as he glided past the opposition with a drop of the shoulder. Ginola always created space for himself by losing his markers whereas Ben Arfa doesn't think twice about taking it to the faces of two or three defenders at a time

Both players who on their day are worth the ticket price on their own

Fair comments Mac,both unplayable at times,but like I said Ginola seemed to perform on home ground and could go missing away from home.

I think Ben Arfa needs to show it in a good few more games before a comparison is made. Ginola was two footed, Ben Arfa tends to be all left foot, both very good though.

Ben Arfa has got a bit more to do to match Ginola. Ben Arfa needs to stay fit and avoid injury. If he does, then he'll have a great season. Sad thing is that he'll be sold next summer and those type of player are impossible to replace.

Had Ginola spent the time at the club Ben Arfa has I think Ginola would be out of sight...people forget he was outstanding for Spurs when he left us getting the player of the year.

Ginola for me, very close call but as mentioned above, Ginola was both footed and COULD defend but didn't want to most, if not all of the time. I remember we were playing the Smoggies at home and in or around our own box, Ginola completely skinned Neil Cox about 5 or 6 times at the same time. I don't think the lad ever played again after that.

Ginola was playing in a very good side. Imagine if you could have transplanted Ben Arfa into the team back then. Would be as close to Messi as it gets, lol!

Can you imagine them both in that side ? Funny that both talents sidelined by France.....though in Ginolas (Papin Cantona) case France had the likes of Zidane Djorkaeff etc coming through and went on to become the dominant national team.........can't see this generation emulating that one.

Very tricky call this . Ginola was the better player because he did it whilst we were fighting the very top of the league. He also turned it on against the big boys (Manchester United, Liverpool) and looked class in a side full of class .

Benny hasn't quite achieved that very top level consistency ....yet, he's a shining light in a side that's nowhere near the side Ginola played in . I like Ben Arfa more though. Went off David after he did the french sulky bloke thing when he didn't get his Barca move.

Ginola for me had two feet so defenders never knew which way he was going, Ben Arfa is a class player but he is always going to go onto his left.

People seem to forget Ginola played a lot more games for Spurs. (Thanks Kenny)

Loved him but Ben Arfa for me.

I often wonder if Ginola would have come to the Prem if he hadn't been vilified by the press in France. He was blamed for the defeat by Bulgaria which cost them qualification in the 94 World Cup. It was to our advantage for a couple of seasons. Both him and Ben Arfa have been a pleasure to watch, I wouldn't like to choose between them.

Ginola for me. Scored best goal I've ever seen at sjp against ferensvaroc and would say his assist rate will be considerably higher than hba. Loved benny though since he scored that belter away to everton. Away end went berserk!!

Ginola was amazing but went for the bright lights, never understood why he went to the spuds, we had more to offer at the time.

If Ben Arfa can get a run in, he will becoming an absolute legend.

if you asked if I could chose the Ginola era squad ver the present, can you guess my answer?