Belekon Suspended From The Board | Vital Football

Belekon Suspended From The Board

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
Hardly surprising given how the O's brought this recent frog judgement to a UK court last week but hopefully this will only strengthen VB's resolve and desire to take over the club.

"Fishul club" statement follows the story from the Gggggggggeerrrrrrrrrrzzzzzettttttte

Blackpool Football Club president Valeri Belokon has been suspended from the club's board with immediate effect. The suspension has come about as a result of a judgement in the Paris Court of Appeal, which relates to disputed allegations of money laundering.

This comes after Belokon was victorious in a court battle last month over the club's finances - in a completely separate case. The club's owners, the Oystons, and Mr Belokon are also set to go head to head in the summer in a separate legal case in the High Court in London as the bitter feud between the two parties continues. The club issued the following statement: "Blackpool Football Club has today (Wednesday), following a board meeting, suspended director Valeri Belokon and removed him from any associated duties with immediate effect. "The club, in receipt of a judgement from the Paris Court of Appeal of the French Republic, dated February 21, 2017, holds major concerns about the damning findings that two banks in Latvia and Kyrgyzstan, founded and/or owned by Valeri Belokon, had been involved in large scale money laundering and/or tax evasion. " Kaspars Varpins, Mr Belokon’s representative at board level, was provided many opportunities to explain the judgement at today’s board meeting, however Mr Varpins refused to comment or give any explanation whatsoever for the judgement, leading to legal advice being sought and this course of action being taken." The suspension is unlikely to have much effect as Mr Belokon has little say about the day-to-day running of the club and hasn't attended a board meeting in over four years - although he retains his shares in the club.

Blackpool Football Club has today, following a board meeting, suspended Director Valeri Belokon and removed him from any associated duties with immediate effect. 

The Club, in receipt of a judgement from the Paris Court of Appeal of the French Republic, dated 21 February 2017, holds major concerns about the damning findings that two banks in Latvia and Kyrgyzstan, founded and/or owned by Valeri Belokon, had been involved in large scale money laundering and/or tax evasion. 

Kaspars Varpins, Mr Belokon’s representative at board level, was provided many opportunities to explain the judgement at today’s board meeting, however Mr Varpins refused to comment or give any explanation whatsoever for the judgement, leading to legal advice being sought and this course of action being taken. 

I look forward to the day when moral standards at BFC no longer accept a convicted rapist or a flytipper on the board. :sick: :tophat:

premier 1 - 9/3/2017 09:41

I just wish for us to be back to being a normal Football Club.

But you are not prepared to fight against the people who have wrecked the club...in fact you continue to support their presence.
You are a shameful hypocrite.

I really don't understand all the legal stuff going on. I am a bit surprised that OFC would issue a statement that includes the following:-

"The Club, in receipt of a judgement from the Paris Court of Appeal of the French Republic, dated 21 February 2017, holds major concerns about the damning findings that two banks in Latvia and Kyrgyzstan ...."

"Damning findings" - were there any findings? This seems pretty inflammatory to me, but as I say the law is not my strong point and I haven't followed the Paris case

Oilstains in glass houses are throwing stones!!!!
So what actually equates to money laundering when over £3million has been given to non-related Oyston-owned companies in recent years - including £323,000 to Oystons Ltd and £68,000 to Yorkshire Riding Ltd, a magazine publishing business
Millions of football money has allegedly been filtered into Segesta Ltd. an account, which is used to subsidise Oyston other businesses.

Money Laundering means washing illegal money clean by passing it through a legitimate business. I see no evidence that the Oilstains have done anything like that. Be careful what you write Codger.

It may be that the Oilstains have seriously misrepresented the findings of the French court leaving themselves open to a potential claim for libel; if they have it would be richly ironic. :grins:

They are wide open on libel as the very same argument was run by them last week in court (can't commit libel in a court room) and it was described as disingenuous - they lost and costs were awarded on an indemnity basis which believe me is very unusual; in short the judge could not have called their assertions a bigger bag of bollocks if he tried...

They've dropped yet another clanger of the highest order.

Possibly rights and wrongs in all boardroom disputes best Not to get involved,and enjoy the football.........

premier 1 - 9/3/2017 15:33

Possibly rights and wrongs in all boardroom disputes best Not to get involved,and enjoy the football.........

The only thing necessary for evil to thrive is for good men to do nothing. What sycophantic worms do is their own business but I hear that Whitey has the tar bubbling nicely.

Keep on doffing :tophat: Grovel and lick the boots of your betters. You deserve the Oystons as owners. :argh:

liverpoolseasider - 9/3/2017 15:16

They are wide open on libel as the very same argument was run by them last week in court (can't commit libel in a court room) and it was described as disingenuous - they lost and costs were awarded on an indemnity basis which believe me is very unusual; in short the judge could not have called their assertions a bigger bag of bollocks if he tried...

They've dropped yet another clanger of the highest order.

That's a really useful post and I did think that was what had happened but you clarification plus your observation is very welcome. So I go back to my earlier post how odd a club statement would describe it as "damning findings" of the Paris court. Slam dunk VB?

SeasideEssexXile - 9/3/2017 19:50

See the fishul site has amended the original wording to a different version...
Can't think why

Door horse stable bolted after. My good opinion of Mr B has been shattered and I was considering investing several million with him. :grins:

When I saw the headline my mind created an alternative: The O.....s suspended by their balls.

I, like many, still have the original statement which the dig a whole on any libel defence by stating the had received 'legal advice'.

The irony is, the likes of me don't believe the dirty scummy vermin, the likes of Prem do, which actual proves the libel.

Most despotic regimes thrash out in the dying throws though...

If ever there was a final reason for 'the few' to finally see that solidarity with their brethren is finally required and to stop funding these vicious people...