BBC V ITV | Page 2 | Vital Football

BBC V ITV

BBC iPlayer coverage (think now in HD) with radio commentary on top has actually been a revelation this tournament - watched a few afternoon games on the laptop.

The flip side, many have commented how awful ITV hub is.

You obviously aren’t used to BT Sport or Sky
Not much Sky but seen plenty of BT Sports especially back in the National League days - interesting to think of an order of preference...
BBC
BT
ITV
Sky
S4C - couldn't make head or tail of what they were saying!! Maybe that should put them top??

Sam Matterface the pun king no ta! BBC all the way!
At least ITV broke their jinx last night.
Matterface was unbearable last night, he just never shuts up and thinks his prime job is to try to entertain the plebbs who he thinks don’t know anything about football. He‘s obviously used to preaching to Talk Shite idiot listeners.

The rubbish Matterface spoke at the end was ridiculous “the next 30 minutes could change your life” “Tell your boss you are not coming in work tomorrow“ “ Let the kids stay up till 11”

absolutely ridiculous and over the top it is a game of football not man landing on Mars !!!

Matterface was unbearable last night, he just never shuts up and thinks his prime job is to try to entertain the plebbs who he thinks don’t know anything about football. He‘s obviously used to preaching to Talk Shite idiot listeners.
My missus who never watches games on tele, but was enthralled last night even mentioned it …. “This bloke is talking utter tripe”

The Ultimate dilemma. Which load of drivel shall I choose?

BBC - Boring Bollocks Constantly.
ITV - Irritating Turgid Vocabulary.

As I am forced by law to pay for the BBC which I very very rarely watch I will probably go for that on the basis I might as well get something for my money!

The rubbish Matterface spoke at the end was ridiculous “the next 30 minutes could change your life” “Tell your boss you are not coming in work tomorrow“ “ Let the kids stay up till 11”

absolutely ridiculous and over the top it is a game of football not man landing on Mars !!!

Which probably never happened anyway?

Liking the fact BBC offer that tactical cam to view alongside the main match stream. And prefer their radio commentary.

I have always watched BBC over ITV when given the choice and whilst ITV is not that great and definitely worse than it was before, the BBC option has fallen off a cliff with terrible commentators, awful co-commentators and mostly terrible pundits.

ITV on the other hand have gone from Clive Tyldesley who was OK to Sam Matterface who is just as bad as the new breed of BBC commentators. He (and they) make Tyldesley seem like the benchmark of good commentating.

So given the choice I would (at the moment) pick ITV because the BBC has become so bad.

The choice I have actually taken for the past 2 games is if I hear the words "and co-commentator Danny Murphy" or "and co-commentator Jermaine Jenas" is to immediately switch the audio to Radio5Live :) Emma Hayes' contribution in the coverage of Spain v Croatia on ITV led me to try out 5Live and it was much better.

The only shining lights on the Beeb are Alex Scott and Jurgen Klinnsmann who are both excellent. ITV similarly have Gary Neville, Roy Keane and Seema Jaswal is also quite good especially in comparison to Mark Poogatch....and I do think having Peter Walton the ex ref adds value as well.

Last edited: