Bash broke leg!!! | Vital Football

Bash broke leg!!!

Looks like he fell, landed with his leg under him and his ankle just went.
Terrible to see.

Tv was buffering when it happened so didn’t see it,never a good sign when they’re giving the patient oxygen hope he recovers 🙏

Sickening. Poor fella has hardly missed a beat all the time he’s been with us but I fear recovery from this will be a step too far for him especially at his age. He thoroughly deserves a testimonial and hopefully he’ll get one.

Awful to watch live and that still pic confirms what I thought I saw.
Horrific but, as he has done in all his time with us, I am sure we will all be rooting for him

Don’t think he’ll come back from that 🫣

View attachment 68790
You might be surprised, Andre Gomes suffered a similar injury for Everton and was back playing withing 4 months. Often breaks, even horrific looking ones are easier to fix than ACL injuries etc. It's because we can see the deformity that makes us think it's career ending however an ACL is not visible so is not initially viewed as being as serious.

You might be surprised, Andre Gomes suffered a similar injury for Everton and was back playing withing 4 months. Often breaks, even horrific looking ones are easier to fix than ACL injuries etc. It's because we can see the deformity that makes us think it's career ending however an ACL is not visible so is not initially viewed as being as serious.
Don’t need to tell me m8 I did the ligaments in my ankle 15yrs ago nurse said I’d have been better breaking it I haven’t kicked a ball since and did it again this yr causing another month off work only went over on it slightly but it’s permanently weakened now

Bear in mind Gomes was only 26 when that happened bash is nearly 10yrs older in the twilight of his career as we all know the older you get the longer you take to heal
I hope he does make it back but it’s more likely that will cause him grief for the rest of his life fingers crossed for a full recovery 🤞

Looking at that photo he must have been in tremendous pain so it says everything about the class of the man that he still managed to give a thumbs up sign to both sets of fans as they applauded in unison when he was carried off.

A superb and loyal servant to our Club over the last 10 seasons - get well soon Bash
Very unlikely to feel pain. Adrenaline will cut off the pain neuros. The later shock will be the worst thing. Love Basham a Blade through and through. Had similar happen to me, didn't feel it and tried to stand, then dosed up with morphine. Weird that I've had more pain from a paper cut on fingers and toothache. Body's a wonderful thing.