Barrow v Aston Villa Match Thread 24/8 7:45pm | Page 17 | Vital Football

Barrow v Aston Villa Match Thread 24/8 7:45pm

It's a shame that it doesn't seem to have worked out for Wesley at Villa.

I’m not sure we ever should’ve signed him really. The first time I watched him, he just didn’t look right especially his touch. I often look at a players touch and his was so off, I’d like to know what the scout report said he has if he did play like Thierry Henry in Belgium, it’s a much, much lower standard that I thought.

The only way he makes it here is if he changes his game to be like how he played in the final few minutes against Newcastle, being the big man up top bringing it down and bringing others into play.

I do echo the above posts, good luck to him. He might be more suited to a different style.

i thought Wesley looked ok on Saturday in his brief cameo. Seemed strong and was involved. Not sure the Premier League is his level though.
assume he will be starting at Brugges ? if he's just sat on their bench he may as well be sat on ours

i thought Wesley looked ok on Saturday in his brief cameo. Seemed strong and was involved. Not sure the Premier League is his level though.
assume he will be starting at Brugges ? if he's just sat on their bench he may as well be sat on ours
If he can only get time on the bench at Bruges then there’s simply no point in having him here either. The writing was on the wall after his antics in the Stoke friendly, I was quite shocked to see him play the other day and agree he was surprisingly ok but I’m happy to see him go.

If he does well on loan then that’s great for both him and us, if he’s shit for them at least we’ve got him off our books for a season.

Thought this was the transfer thread so I’ll try to bring it back to the Barrow game…. As much as I was surprised to see him play against Newcastle I was equally surprised to see him not involved at all last night. But if I am being honest I couldn’t imagine him getting a hat trick, and the thought of him lumbering around the pitch getting into fights with no-nonsense lower league veterans doesn’t exactly inspire much confidence in him

Last edited:
last time we drew them at Stamford Bridge in the League Cup we got free coaches off Randy and then promptly lost 6-0