Barrow away | Vital Football

Barrow away

LancsGordoRoad

Vital Champions League
Big game v Barrow who currently occupy an automatic promotion place.

For info of anyone considering going - Barrow have greatly improved the away accommodation (built a new stand) so no more being crammed into a corner !

Big game v Barrow who currently occupy an automatic promotion place.

For info of anyone considering going - Barrow have greatly improved the away accommodation (built a new stand) so no more being crammed into a corner !
The stand is down the corner, where we entered the stand last season. That said, is the terracing still the same? The segregation fence impedes a fair bit of your view.

As I’ve said elsewhere, bear in mind Northern and TPE are both on strike the day before the game. Because of that I’m looking at staying over in Lancaster rather than nearer to Barrow, although Lancaster hotels are far more expensive. Mainly because it’s not like Barrow.

IMG_0162.jpeg

The stand is down the corner, where we entered the stand last season. That said, is the terracing still the same? The segregation fence impedes a fair bit of your view.

As I’ve said elsewhere, bear in mind Northern and TPE are both on strike the day before the game. Because of that I’m looking at staying over in Lancaster rather than nearer to Barrow, although Lancaster hotels are far more expensive. Mainly because it’s not like Barrow.

View attachment 70174
The new stand is not the one in your pic. The new away stands (there are two) are on the side. Much better, although there are some roof support stanchions that prevent the stand giving a completely unimpeded view.
RE the Trains - haven`t they called off the strike action ?

I've stayed here a few years ago now I would highly recommend still run by the same people.In the centre of a lovely little town.
If we were playing at a warmer time of year I would love to make the trip .Some distance away but might work for someone.

The new stand is not the one in your pic. The new away stands (there are two) are on the side. Much better, although there are some roof support stanchions that prevent the stand giving a completely unimpeded view.
RE the Trains - haven`t they called off the strike action ?
Unfortunately next week’s strikes are still on.

The pay deal has been agreed with one of the unions (Mick Lynch’s RMT, representing station staff, on board staff, engineers).

Next week’s strikes are ASLEF, the train drivers. So ASLEF can still call strikes going forward.

Unfortunately next week’s strikes are still on.

The pay deal has been agreed with one of the unions (Mick Lynch’s RMT, representing station staff, on board staff, engineers).

Next week’s strikes are ASLEF, the train drivers. So ASLEF can still call strikes going forward.
Flippin `ell ! Train travel in the U.K. is a complete joke.

Gotta love the Barrow boys, who`ve had some snow in Cumbria in the last few days. Amid concerns about how playable, or not, the Holker Street pitch might be on Saturday, a few local fans have undertaken their own sequence of pitch inspections.

This is from one: "I had the same worry so out of interest I went down to the Schneider Road pitches with a fork on my lunch break today. Few patches of snow left to melt but the surface felt and looked good. I'll repeat the task on Friday morning after the rain, and feedback on here. Then people will be able to adjust their weekend arrangements accordingly."
And another: "Happy to stick my boots and shinpads on and check my back garden takes the stud on Friday evening too, just be to sure."

This was a third - perhaps posted with a grin: "So there will be pitch inspections in many back gardens throughout Barrow on Friday night. Think I will do the same in south Manchester just to make sure as well."

Apart from the third poster, I believe that the other two are absolutely genuine - good for them, good stuff and - well done the boys from Barrow !

Gotta love the Barrow boys, who`ve had some snow in Cumbria in the last few days. Amid concerns about how playable, or not, the Holker Street pitch might be on Saturday, a few local fans have undertaken their own sequence of pitch inspections.

This is from one: "I had the same worry so out of interest I went down to the Schneider Road pitches with a fork on my lunch break today. Few patches of snow left to melt but the surface felt and looked good. I'll repeat the task on Friday morning after the rain, and feedback on here. Then people will be able to adjust their weekend arrangements accordingly."
And another: "Happy to stick my boots and shinpads on and check my back garden takes the stud on Friday evening too, just be to sure."

This was a third - perhaps posted with a grin: "So there will be pitch inspections in many back gardens throughout Barrow on Friday night. Think I will do the same in south Manchester just to make sure as well."

Apart from the third poster, I believe that the other two are absolutely genuine - good for them, good stuff and - well done the boys from Barrow !
Never said what he had for lunch lol.