Barnsley (a): Nominate Your Man of The Match HERE! | Vital Football

Barnsley (a): Nominate Your Man of The Match HERE!

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
- One nomination each (make it clear who if you mention more than one player).
- State your reason(s) (this helps form the articles).
- The deadline is 24 hours from now (anything after that will be ignored).

No one had a sub-par performance, and it’s another game where you are trying hard to just pick one player!

Honourable mention to Mandroiu. He’s had his critics (and rightly so, at times), but I thought he was great today. Especially in his defensive work.

I will go for Moylan, though - two terrific goals and his all-round play was superb.

Moylan- had an absolute blinder. How nice to see a Lincoln player properly dribble the ball. Been a long time. The future looks bright.

Moylan. Top top 45 minutes. Tenacious. Skilful. Composed. And two class goals.

Jack Moylan - turned the game on its head with his energy, tenacity and skill, let alone willingness to take on the whole Barnsley team. 👏👏

Mandroiu was pretty faultless. The first goal created by his long ball. He saw it and was good enough to play it. Without that goal the course of the match may have been completely different. Worked really hard, defended effectively and was calm and accurate in possession..... and no one noticed our "decimated" midfield.

With only Mandroiu, Erhahon and Moylan to play in midfield it felt much like the Vale, Adelakun and Makama situation all over again...not.

Moylan.
Watched him for a long time from his Shelbourne days to this, which he will probably class as his best football day to date.

Two brilliant goals and just superb all round.

First half I would have gone for O'Connor. They were on top for a good 20 minutes and he headed everything and threw himself in front of shots. Difficult to give it to any one other than Moylan though. Think we can call it a moral hattrick

Last edited:
Moylan. Just ran, tackled and outmanoevred the whole Barnsley team. Superb ball control and fantastic finishing. This boy will go places.