Banned Member | Vital Football

Banned Member

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
Will need you guys as a community to let me know what you want here.

Of all the times. :slap:

I've banned loudmouthandblue following several, fair it looks like to me, alerts after he accused two users of being KKK.

You'll have to let me know as a community if he deserves to come back. He'll accuse me of being biased, so no point me taking a position. Pretty shocking accusations as far as I'm concerned and to think, at a time people should be rallying together not doing this nonsense. Plus the communist thing apparently said to him, that should have been alerted by him not countered with this nonsense.

Over to you. But one thing is for sure, we can't have this sort of thing and especially whilst people are suffering and tense, and whilst we (at Vital) are also stretched.

And at some stage I will delete this thread.

(And as an aside, I trust you are all in good health and bearing up).

Hi Jonathan. Hope all's well with you.too.

Don't know who's alerted you, but for me, this should be for Hampton and MiW to decide.

I had my say to LMB. I think he was wrong and should have apologised.......first by DM and then on the thread.

Communist in no way equates to KKK, and even "effing idiot" comes up short ........ especially in the way it was done.

If he's willing to apologise to MiW, and to make his peace with Hampton, I think he should be allowed back ...... but it's their call.

They're my thoughts anyway.

Thanks moonay, can always rely on you to be fair and balanced.

It is certainly not a decision for me to make, as I haven't seen the other arguments etc.

And yes, thanks, fine!

Can I just say, having met LMB and his wife, that this doesn't correspond to the people I met. He's passionate and like us all probably steps over the line every now and then when faced with his opposite. He's not the ogre that some may think and as such I dont believe a ban should be the end product just an effort from us all to be a bit more considerate. Let him without sin cast the first stone.

Absolutely, let him back. Pretty distasteful and unwarranted allegation but not deserving of a ban in my humble opinion.

Nail on the head in the opening post that the forum is a community and as such in unprecedented times it’s probably more important than ever. I think we’re all getting fractious and are on edge from time to time, which is understandable given what’s occurring. Life is too short to hold grudges or grievances and most of us cross the line of acceptability from time to time and actually regret it.

Return is not contingent on an apology as far as I’m concerned, I’m big and ugly enough not to need it.

Fear, I hope you’re well. As an aside what are your views on the season resuming, or not, given Villa’s league position?

I think as Hampton and MIW have been so magnanimous toward him then he should be allowed back on,with perhaps a word about future coduct! The comment was totally unacceptable but hopefully he has had time to reflect and realise his error!

Back on he comes, thanks Hampton and Made In Wigan.

The ban was put in place whilst I asked and as usual this great community has been fair and open minded.

I have said before that if someone really winds you up, it would be so much easier to ignore, move on, not get angry at. We have to in the real world !

Cheers folks, stay well...!

Happy to move those threads to off topic if you all wanted, but I am very mindful I'm just here to try to help, not run the forum as you are a community that by and large, self regulate! If I move, some don't like it, if I don't some don't! lol

Happy to move those threads to off topic if you all wanted, but I am very mindful I'm just here to try to help, not run the forum as you are a community that by and large, self regulate! If I move, some don't like it, if I don't some don't! lol

This is a football forum after all bro, anything else should be in off topic, posters know where they are if they want to read/post on them.

I personally hope you do move them.

Does the physical location of those threads actually matter? Whether they're in Off Topic or on the football element of the forum seems irrelevant to me. After all, it's not as if there's much football discussion going on at the moment.

As for " shit stirring, winding each other up, petty name calling etc." Norm, I think you've just provided us with the perfect example of "hypocrisy".

As I say, Off Topic or where they are, posters will still post on them ........ it's all about behaviours. That's all.

Being in Off Topic means that you have to enter from a menu at a slightly higher level, .......... which I do anyway ..........that Brexit one isn't going to go away :rolleyes:) ..... but for posters to use the thread location as an issue is I think a little silly.

Welcome back Norm. Hope all's OK.

Does the physical location of those threads actually matter?

Being in Off Topic means that you have to enter from a menu at a slightly higher level, .......... which I do anyway ..........that Brexit one isn't going to go away :rolleyes:) ..... but for posters to use the thread location as an issue is I think a little silly.

So it does matter? Well to you anyway, a scroll up and a couple of extra clicks won't hurt, don't be so bloody mard!

I'm with Norm on this one.
These threads should be off topic, but the off topic thread should be visible and easily acessed from the main menu.

So it does matter? Well to you anyway, a scroll up and a couple of extra clicks won't hurt, don't be so bloody mard!

Mard? Why on earth is it mard? I've already said that with the way I access the forum, it makes no difference to me.

The point I'm making is that if you don't want to use the thread, just bloody ignore it. What will make it better for you if it's moved? You'd still,be what was it? .... " shit stirring, winding each other up, petty name calling etc."

I'm with Norm on this one.
These threads should be off topic, but the off topic thread should be visible and easily acessed from the main menu.

??? Under the Main menu, you have sub menus for Latics Speyk, and Off topic.

It sounds like you want to be able to access Off Topic from Latics Speyk ....... so why move the threads in the first place? You know what's in them. There's bugger all being posted about football.

Personally, I really don't understand the issue. Moving them to Off Topic won't change the content posted.

Ignore them if you don't want to use 'em.

My page opens up on Latics Speyk and I personally think an 'off topic' sticky link would be best put in the section above all the different threads.
I know there aren't many football posts at the moment, but I personally find it annoying when so many non football threads clog up what is supposed to be a football site.
Other websites do it, so why not here?

Definitely should be in off topic all politics should be there Im sure its why people are staying off the board

Do you think they'd be coming on to post about football Zakky?

I think the last "football" post on here (other than wishing Alex Cribley well) was mine re the Balogun interview. There's not been one single follow on post to that ......... though I suppose that might be because it was very supportive of Cook.

If the political posts were filling football threads, then I'd understand the concerns. But they're not. One is about general whinging (and went political), and the other two are clearly political. Just ignore the damn threads.