Bale, Modric, both or neither? | Vital Football

Bale, Modric, both or neither?

WTSGMI

Vital Reserves Team
It seems a given her in Spain that Madrid will offload Bale & Modric this summer. Who would take who?
Personally I wouldn’t mind Modric returning for a couple of years as I think his arrival would aid Winks development and would be a dream for Kane. Bale would be a romantic signing but for what we would pay including wages I think we would do far better elsewhere. On his day unplayable but those days in a much easier league are now far to rare.
Though I don’t think we will go for Modric I can see Bale being the marque signing for the new stadium.

Modric in a heartbeat and Bale if fit as well....both game changers, Modric for his vision and work rate, Bale for well for Bale.... Cant imagine any of them coming our way unless we got top 4 and of course that's a 50/50 scenario right now

total spurs - 9/1/2018 23:10

Modric in a heartbeat and Bale if fit as well....both game changers, Modric for his vision and work rate, Bale for well for Bale.... Cant imagine any of them coming our way unless we got top 4 and of course that's a 50/50 scenario right now

Agree. Modric has a few more years left in the tank but I think he will go to Italy.
With the new ground I will be amazed if we don’t get a marque signing and I honestly can’t see past Bale. If we can get him and keep him fit then brilliant but in a very demanding league I can see him being nothing more than next seasons Dembele. At least the shirt sales would off set his transfer fee a bit

Kinygerbils - 9/1/2018 22:37

Modric

Bale is an injury nightmare

Ditto.

Also Modric is on a much lower salary, which makes signing him a bit more realistic. I’d love to get him back though it has to be said that I am sceptical about Zidane wanting to «offload» either of these amazing players.

I would take Modric back, Bale is to injury prone these days. However we won't sign either.

Don great to see you back however just because we are having a new stadium doesn't mean we will make a marquee signing.

We will probably do a hero's welcome for all of our ex players. That's your lot. lol

Nick Real Deal - 10/1/2018 17:27

Neither. Bale is crocked and Modric getting old. Both disrespected the club.

Didnt realise modric was 32. I probably wouldnt have him back at that age but bale still has life left in him.

I think some of you forget just how good Modric is, he can beat a man and actually create from the CM.

Even if it is for a season or two.

If by some miracle we were able to convince both to return, with the wages they'd command, how much would we need to offload (if any) to meet FFP rules?

CanadianSpur - 10/1/2018 20:17

If by some miracle we were able to convince both to return, with the wages they'd command, how much would we need to offload (if any) to meet FFP rules?

FFP rules

Lolololololol

Kinygerbils - 10/1/2018 21:06

CanadianSpur - 10/1/2018 20:17

FFP rules

Lolololololol

Laugh all you want. Spurs adhere to FFP.