Bags More Buzz at Burton | Vital Football

Bags More Buzz at Burton

Apollyon

Vital Football Legend
21st October 2017. Burton Rovers City Albion Town are visiting the World Famous City Ground.

Nigel, AKA Nige, AKA one of our own AKA Molehead (nod to woanz) will be bringing his Burton side over the Trent for a sound thrashing.

To celebrate the event, I would like to get us the Vital Forest Forum Users (V.F.F.U) together for a few pre-match drinks before I slip into my dressing gown and head to the hot tub Weinstein stylie, and invite you all to massage my shoulders.

The venue is to be confirmed via the poll. A confirmation of attendance would be nice so that a fitting venue can be chosen.

Kick off is 3pm so I thought a 1pm meet up

I'll be about .
Cheap in TBI but they do a nice Cornish cider in Embankment.
Not too fussed where though really.

The only trouble with the Embankment is it takes ages to get served. \Might be ok at 1230ish though

So far 2 coming. Yippee

I wonder if PVH will be at this one?

Voted for the Voce just to push a venue along. But be happy with anywhere. Be nice to shake a few hands and see what other posters are really like. Decent craic :35:

Apollyon - 11/10/2017 18:26

The only trouble with the Embankment is it takes ages to get served. \Might be ok at 1230ish though

So far 2 coming. Yippee

I wonder if PVH will be at this one?

Behave... I can't put you on ignore!

I will be there.

There's only two criteria to bear in mind:

It should take no more than 10 minute's to get served and the Guinness must be reliable.

Not on the above list, but I will most likely go to Ladybay for 1, I park in that area and won't be there until 1-30pm at earliest due to son's game that morning.

PS - Guinness is good (not that canned sh1te) and waiting time isn't that bad for drinks - food - different matter.

Apollyon - 11/10/2017 21:32

I dont mind the trot down to Ladybay if everyone wants to go there.

It's convenient for me, because we park on one of the streets down there - but may be a bit out of the way for others.

I reckon we'll be there around 1-30pm.... but never an exact science, if it's raining/muddy - son will want a shower.

Our Kids Dad - 12/10/2017 14:39

LyttleByLyttle - 12/10/2017 09:51

The Poppy & Pint is always a decent venue.

Is that the old Church near Ladybay?

Never been in but may well investigate at some point this season.

It's the place with the tennis courts attached.

I'll regret putting this on the forum but you can park their for free on match days.

Looks like there are three definites then!

Considering the numbers on here who actually go, that would represent a 38% turn out, which is poor.

How about meeting in the phone box outside TBI?

it would be plenty big enough

mao tse tung - 13/10/2017 07:56

Looks like there are three definites then!

Considering the numbers on here who actually go, that would represent a 38% turn out, which is poor.

How about meeting in the phone box outside TBI?

it would be plenty big enough

What are the queues like ?