Back of shirt sponsor | Vital Football

Back of shirt sponsor

Thought it was a 'no' to betting companies??

Not strictly true. This is from the Supporters Board meeting minutes on 7th March 2020: "Following consultation with the supporters board, the club board opted against the option to proceed with a betting company on the front of shirt for the 2020/21 season. It was agreed the matter is complex and should be kept under review."

Whether front of the shirt or back of the shirt, I imagine it has always been "under review".

In the current climate in my opinion money is money and any income is good for the club. I have never understood how having a better company as a sponsor makes people bet (I know some people do have an addiction to betting) but any company who wants to back the imps is good news as other companies take money from Betting companies so if we turn it down for a lower offer we are at slight disadvantage in income terms.

I'm guessing we didn't have lots of options or a sponsor would have been there last month, so sensible to take them up on this.

I'd say we'll definitely get some new signings today. It will soon deflect and distract attention :wahey:

Should be busy day for the media boys, hence releasing this at 9am. Anyone know when this morning's promised presser is? That's what I was looking for.

I think it's excellent news in the current climate.

Personally I have no axe to grind with anybody who wants to advertise as long as it's legal.

I know some will be outraged (as is the modern way) by that and I appreciate that there are lots of gullible people out there who are taken in by advertising and I know not everyone has a strong will and can think for themselves like I do but nonetheless this is good work by the club to get more sponsors on board.

Good news financially. Happy that I got a kit before they started putting it on!

This seems like a perfect time to announce a new player with the first image being the back of the shirt with the new name and sponsor.

Makes me giggle when I see betting adverts here in Aus and they encourage you to spend your money, then finish the adverts by imploring everyone to “gamble responsibly” 🤔🤪🙈

Well never heard of that betting company.
Guess that's why they want to try and get their name advertised.

But given current financial climate, club cannot afford to be over fussy no who's money to accept or not accept.
And we do after all play in the Sky Bet Football League...

For some, gambling is as destructive as alcohol or drugs. Most can resist but not all. Would prefer UNICEF as a sponsor but we sadly are not Barcelona 😬

The back of the shirt looks worse then roadworks on the motorway. Way too much to read.

I don’t blame bbc lincs for saying number 23