Away ticket prices | Vital Football

Away ticket prices

HerrLjunga

Vital 1st Team Regular
I've got a bit of a bee in my bonnet about this topic this morning, now that the elation has subsided.

25 quid on the gate at Scunny on Saturday was scandalous and frankly unjustifiable and they're not alone in this division, Posh is 26 with an increase on the day on top and for third tier football that's just laughable.

Also this "increase on the day" malarky is a kick in the teeth, I couldn't absolutely say for sure I'd be able to attend until match day itself, so couldn't justify buying a mildly discounted ticket in advance.

20 is plenty.

Agree that 25 is a bit steep, especially to be stuck in a corner ! On the other hand, in 2016/17 Scunthorpe charged a league-low 1.20 for a cup of tea......

Our own beloved club leads the way on low ticket prices for away fans. But then again, they are left to sit on some scaffolding fully exposed to the elements. Most other clubs in L1 charge over 20 some over 25. However very rarely is any away allocation taken up fully. 20 is still plenty.

Razorpound - 22/1/2018 17:59

I thought in adverse conditions the away supporters were housed in the Town end of the Gordon Road stand.

Yep, Sometimes and if there is not too many of them.
They used to chuck packamacs into the Town End crowd if it rained but now tuck up to around 100 in the corner. Larger away crowds still have to get wet. But it costs them less than 20.

Agree HerLjunga. Same thing to me at Charlton recently, didn't know whether I could go until on the day and had to pay 26. I really don't know why they do it.

I know of quite a few examples over the last couple of years where Gills have lost out on getting extra people through the gate, because on principal they refuse to pay the extra on the day.

17 for me at Scunny plus about 1.60 for a coffee and Mars Duo. For 3 I parked the closest to the away supporters entrance - ten yards and for 3 a programme about half an inch thick. And yes, the sun came out too.

Vambogills - 22/1/2018 18:12

Razorpound - 22/1/2018 17:59

I thought in adverse conditions the away supporters were housed in the Town end of the Gordon Road stand.

Yep, Sometimes and if there is not too many of them.
They used to chuck packamacs into the Town End crowd if it rained but now tuck up to around 100 in the corner. Larger away crowds still have to get wet. But it costs them less than 20.

I remember the days when people just got wet in the TE and just got on with enjoying the game. No wonder they call this the snowflake generation!