Away support for York on Tuesday. | Vital Football

Away support for York on Tuesday.

RobPeel

Vital Reserves Team
There is a real buzz about the place at the moment and the games can't come quick enough. Yes this is potentially a banana skin but I think we will have too much in the locker for them. DC and NC will have done their homework.

Support wise I know I lots going who don't normally bother and the fact we took 345 all the way to FGR for a lunchtime game makes me think 800+ to York

600 would be my estimate, Shame it's not a Saturday afternoon, could have been nudging 1000 then.

Davidimp - 20/11/2016 16:55

Lets hope the infamous York pitch doesn't have a say in this one too.
We booked our holiday to lanzarote, safe in the knowledge that the game will be postponed!

I can see the away following being nearer 1,000. And I don't see this as a banana skin at all. York are an awful side who have shown zero improvement under Gary Mills and should offer us very few problems. I expect a comprehensive victory.

The Imposter - 20/11/2016 22:25
I can see the away following being nearer 1,000. And I don't see this as a banana skin at all. York are an awful side who have shown zero improvement under Gary Mills and should offer us very few problems. I expect a comprehensive victory.

One of the most succinct and positive posts ever seen on this site. :clappy:

No more "it's going to be another hard game". Time for Danny Cowley to man up and tell them we expect to win by at least three clear goals. We have just thrashed the league leader's away, York are in turmoil, let's cut the bull.

berksimps - 20/11/2016 23:12

No more "it's going to be another hard game". Time for Danny Cowley to man up and tell them we expect to win by at least three clear goals. We have just thrashed the league leader's away, York are in turmoil, let's cut the bull.

:eek:

I need a lie down after reading that! :pointy:

Your right boys we are a totally different proposition this year. Its what 5 years of being resigned to expecting the worst does to you. Wish I could be there but cant make this one. I think 1,000 will be pushing it but then I wasn't expecting to see that many there Saturday!

Given York's history of waterlogged pitches and flooding, Weather forecast now must be a concern.

We shouldn't be complacent about this game. Though York have been particularly bad away, they've only conceded nine goals at home.

First of all, I wont be able to make the game as I am working away this week, so it will have to the radio or imps player for ,e

Secondly, as for expecting at least 3-0 win is tottaly high expectations just because we beat the league leaders on Saturday. I will take win (obviously) but if we come away with 4 pts from the last two games it will be ok and just ok.

plumbob - 20/11/2016 18:01

Davidimp - 20/11/2016 16:55

Lets hope the infamous York pitch doesn't have a say in this one too.
We booked our holiday to lanzarote, safe in the knowledge that the game will be postponed!

We're going to Lanzarote in April, I'll miss the Torquay home game and the Gateshead away game.

When do you get back?

NottyImp - 21/11/2016 08:15

I expect that will be due to the totally unnecessary apostrophe in the word 'leaders' - and his dad was an English teacher no less!

Impalex - 21/11/2016 21:04

NottyImp - 21/11/2016 08:15

I expect that will be due to the totally unnecessary apostrophe in the word 'leaders' - and his dad was an English teacher no less!

I know that because his dad taught me proper English!

I think 1,000 is a bit of a stretch! I reckon 450-500 there to see another Imps victory (hopefully a comfortable one)!