Away Attendances | Vital Football

Away Attendances

decka

Vital Reserves Team
Are down 9.6% on last season so the PL has set aside 12 million over the next 3 years for clubs to try and boost away day crowds.
Straight away that tells me that they are worried about the product that they sold overseas for 3 billion last year and that if attendances keep falling they won't have a product to sell in the future.
So on that basis, and it might seem a bit simplistic, wouldn't a boycott at St James' Park make the relevant authorities sit up and take notice?
After all they are giving the club at least 240 million over the next 3 years to invest in their product ie. top quality players and managers to make the PL the best in the world.
An empty St James' Park would be unacceptable to them don't you think?

Decka you,re wasting your time even thinking about it happening their is about 50'000 happy with the way it's run by Ashley or they wouldn't be turning up every home game,they might have a moan now and again when we lose but overall they must be happy.forget this bullshite about support the team not the regime that's just a way of making themselfs feeL like they are doing something.you either stay away and give him nothing or you support him by giving him your cash simple really.

I don't think it's a case of 'x' amount of people happy with the way it's run as I reckon a very high percentage won't be, it's more a case of football coming before the politics.

As said before by many people, this isn't the first time that we've went through a seemingly directionless era and it probably won't be the last, although that isn't an excuse granted.

In a separate story in the independant, it says that we're leading the way with incentives to get the away ticket capped at £20 each, although in most of our opinions, Ashley has tried to mute the away voice by continually allocating small ticket numbers.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/exclusive-newcastle-united-lead-the-way-as-fans-pressure-forces-ticket-price-cuts-8867482.html

Whatever happened to that nugget Kim Jong Un?

He was adamant that a boycott wouldn't work.

Soon ran off when it was explained to him though.

Most likely still here under another alias.

The boycott WILL work, but some are unwilling to make that sacrifice.

OldLeazes - 9/10/2013 08:35

Whatever happened to that nugget Kim Jong Un?

He was adamant that a boycott wouldn't work.

Soon ran off when it was explained to him though.

Most likely still here under another alias.

The boycott WILL work, but some are unwilling to make that sacrifice.

I agree OL but what will it take for people to stop going? Hopefully this time for change thing will be the catalyst. .

TNMW,on the away allocation, my betting is that if Ashley gets clubs to agree to the 20 quid seats he will increase the away allocation at SJP just to fill the ground.
This is all to benefit his free advertising.

is it true that if NUFC order 5,000 away tickets and only sell 4,500 they have to cough up for the 500 unsold tickets ?

Yes, and I think that's great news.

I don't buy this notion that if there only a handful of fans in the ground fatty wouldn't care. He might not be overly bothered as he'd still be making money, but the pressure and focus on the club would be something he wouldn't like at all, as all roads would lead to his door, which is something he hates. If we had reached that level as fans, then it's likely vocal protestations would be more common place, or even if it was a stay away protest, that would surely make headlines. Not something other companies would want to be associated with.

We should be focusing on his weak points. His disbanding of level 7 should have told us a lot.

shearers boots - 9/10/2013 11:51

is it true that if NUFC order 5,000 away tickets and only sell 4,500 they have to cough up for the 500 unsold tickets ?

It was true but im sure it's sale or return now.

They sent 500 tickets back to Cardiff at the weekend, it's a shame because i would actually be up for the odd away game but the fact you have to become a member and give the fat odious slug a few quid has put me off, he will not get another penny off me.

I've been to several away games this season but none were via the club for the same reason. Would never give the Fatman a penny and I'm happy to sit in the home sections if I have to.