AVTV | Vital Football

AVTV

OVB

Vital Squad Member
A question for foreign villans, Has the above service improved this season and do you have to listen to Jack Woodward on the commentary?

Jack, rather bafflingly, is back. I don't get it, there surely were other options. I know the Villa View lads were keen and did good stuff when asked for the club, but if not them, there must be better.

Look at this, it is junk really.

It should never be about the presenter, but there is Jack whistfully looking at Bodymoor and his opening line in the horrible set up of being slumped on seats, was about him being back.

I'd have thought we could get more professional than that, looks like they don't listen in FCG's anyway, as this has been brought up several times.

Jack, rather bafflingly, is back. I don't get it, there surely were other options. I know the Villa View lads were keen and did good stuff when asked for the club, but if not them, there must be better.

Look at this, it is junk really.

It should never be about the presenter, but there is Jack whistfully looking at Bodymoor and his opening line in the horrible set up of being slumped on seats, was about him being back.

I'd have thought we could get more professional than that, looks like they don't listen in FCG's anyway, as this has been brought up several times.

Just watching that I’m sure that Woodard is trying to do an Alan Partridge parody

sadly a few on social media said the exact same thing. It just seems odd to me, we are a massive club, we have good professional people (we hope, lets see how the years go, we all had hopes before and they fell short!) running the place. And they then go backwards to get the previous presenter who wasn't really that popular even back then.

sadly a few on social media said the exact same thing. It just seems odd to me, we are a massive club, we have good professional people (we hope, lets see how the years go, we all had hopes before and they fell short!) running the place. And they then go backwards to get the previous presenter who wasn't really that popular even back then.
If he just stuck to actual commentating it might help. Instead he tries to be funny/insightful and compounds his already-questionable "style" resulting in him sounding like an absolute buffoon. I can only imagine what other fans think when they see one of the highlight videos on youtube etc. I remember getting frustrated with some of the commentary over the past few seasons, but never did I think that this guy should come back.
Either he sold the new owners a bill of goods, or he was contracted to return once we got our PL status back.... He's an embarrassment.
Mrs GMV tells me to turn the sound down because she "can't stand listening to that guy's voice" when I'm watching....

Terrible commentator. Thinks he is being witty/funny but sadly he is the only one. Not long watched the Everton highlights and his comments at the start were simply cringing. Why we bought him back I don't know. Is it because he is cheap ?