AVFC 2023 Restructure - who does what ? | Vital Football

AVFC 2023 Restructure - who does what ?

remote

Vital 1st Team Regular
Naz + Wes own the club.

Emery is the manager (or head coach)

Where do all the other geezers fit in ? And what do they do ?

Over to the experts !

What or where are the international academies ?

There was talk of us opening academies in several countries, Egypt being one of them so perhaps that's covered by the link up with FC Zed over there. Another somewhere else in Africa and possibly one in south america.

I assume those will go ahead if they haven't already with Lange working with them. From the face of it it sounds similar to the set up the Red Bull club network has but they simply buy or create clubs in leagues across the world.

There was talk of us opening academies in several countries, Egypt being one of them so perhaps that's covered by the link up with FC Zed over there. Another somewhere else in Africa and possibly one in south america.

I assume those will go ahead if they haven't already with Lange working with them. From the face of it it sounds similar to the set up the Red Bull club network has but they simply buy or create clubs in leagues across the world.
I've heard talk but not sure which ones of gone ahead - and if we formally own these academy's or if it's just some sort of agreement (we have done this a few times in the past iirc)

I somehow can't imagine Unai being told what to do.

It adds an interesting dynamic now, Monchi isn't going to sack Unai and I highly doubt he'll ever be given reason to. Monchi has a very lucrative contract in a highly competitive environment so even if Unai chooses to leave in 3 years Monchi probably stays.

I suppose it becomes how high and far can we go with these heavy hitters? There is an element of risk that almost the entirety of the clubs structure could go within 24hrs given how tightly knit they are.

We have an academy in Senegal as well I believe.

This is where it becomes a bit vague to me. Is there a building & football pitches in Senegal called "the Aston villa academy - Senegal" - or is it an existing club that we provide expertise and maybe a bit of kit too ?

It adds an interesting dynamic now, Monchi isn't going to sack Unai and I highly doubt he'll ever be given reason to. Monchi has a very lucrative contract in a highly competitive environment so even if Unai chooses to leave in 3 years Monchi probably stays.

I suppose it becomes how high and far can we go with these heavy hitters? There is an element of risk that almost the entirety of the clubs structure could go within 24hrs given how tightly knit they are.
Well Sevilla were interviewing at least one replacement for Monchi that Monchi himself had recommended plus I think Lange will be NSWE's personal "football man" and will be consulted if everyone ships out together.

Whatever the reporting structure though, I guess Nas and Wes trump the lot of them.

This is where it becomes a bit vague to me. Is there a building & football pitches in Senegal called "the Aston villa academy - Senegal" - or is it an existing club that we provide expertise and maybe a bit of kit too ?

Best explanation I can find

Good point.

My interest in these structures is what they do when Emery leaves -( it was all going pretty well under Lerner whilst Mon was there.)

The idea that appeals to me is that Emerys successor would be in the club's sights before Emery goes - and therefore slots into the existing structure ......but that's a lot easier said than done .....