Autographs 5 | Vital Football

Autographs 5

Red Wimp

Vital Football Legend
Can you spot the Lincoln connection & someone who was in a prime time TV show not so long ago. The manager is a club legend (the one featured not ours).
Sorry you have to crane your neck to readD6BD3BD9-B7EA-41F8-A87D-28E3E96713CE.jpeg

Having worked it out from no. 4 which must be the most legible signature ever in the history of players' autographs I suspect it's this game:

2020-06-29_171623.jpg

No. 4 Paul Bennett didn't actually play in this game though - perhaps it was the replay?

No. 2 Looks like Mark Chamberlain, who, the Internet tells me appeared in 'The Sooty Show' as well as fathering Alex Oxlade- (not at the same time of course).

Don't know which signatures they are, but the club legend must be John Rudge (who was assistant manager at the time), and the Lincoln connection, Ernie Moss.

You've got Neil Griffiths in there who was at Vale for many seasons.

Mark Chamberlain was part of that Harry Redknapp programme from a couple of weeks ago...is that him bottom left?? Rudge top left??

Neville Chamberlain at 12 ??

You've got Neil Griffiths in there who was at Vale for many seasons.

Mark Chamberlain was part of that Harry Redknapp programme from a couple of weeks ago...is that him bottom left?? Rudge top left??

Neville Chamberlain at 12 ??
Yep Mark Chamberlain 2 on Harry’s Heroes, Neville yes 12. John Rudge 7

No. 4 Paul Bennett didn't actually play in this game though - perhaps it was the replay?

No. 2 Looks like Mark Chamberlain, who, the Internet tells me appeared in 'The Sooty Show' as well as fathering Alex Oxlade- (not at the same time of course).

Don't know which signatures they are, but the club legend must be John Rudge (who was assistant manager at the time), and the Lincoln connection, Ernie Moss.
No Ernie Moss on there, Lincoln connection still to be identified

So this was game v Port Vale 15 March 1980, City won 3-0 in front of 2,903 with 2 goals from Tony Cunningham, 1 from Derek Bell. City finished 7th, Vale 20th.
John Rudge (7) is on but was only an assistant to John McGrath. Gordon Banks was the manager at the start of the season, somewhat ironic being a Stoke legend.
Chamberlain brothers both there (2 & 12). Tony Sealy (13) was on loan at Vale and had quite a long & varied career including Palace, QPR, Leicester & Sporting Lisbon.
John Fleming is 5, I don't know if he played in that game being on loan from us at the time, he only played 3 times in all for Vale. before moving to Australia.

I think that must be the game when Fleming wore the number 9 shirt for Port Vale and a couple of supporters near me were stunned at the thought he would be playing as a striker (he didn't of course).