August Home Friendly? | Vital Football

August Home Friendly?

MaxBlade

Vital Youth Team
Just curious - any news on a home friendly for early August as promised on the Blades website or will ongoing construction work on the ground improvements prevent that now?

Went down on Saturday morning to pick up my Chesterfield & Barnsley tickets & the place looked like a Bob the builder convention lol!

Hard hats coming in & out of doorways everywhere.

Anyone got a mate on the inside who might be able to confirm either way?

Cheers

Last edited:
Not happening due to building works.
Ok makes sense
Thought it might be a bit ambitious considering they’d specifically asked to play the first game of the season away to give that bit extra time to get everything finished.
Thanks

I also thought they were playing at Lille instead on 3rd August - but I don't think anything has been announced on that either.

How did you read that and think that a friendly with Lille is back on? It clearly states we are playing Stade de Reims :unsure:

Lol - Sorry, I meant the friendly is back on - not cancelled as previously reported by Bulmer at post #5.
Yes, I appreciate the opponents are different - my error not explaining myself properly.

It's a bit short notice. I'd love to go but I cannot arrange anything like that with only a week to go.