Aston Villa vs Manchester United - Sunday 11 Feb 16:30 | Page 32 | Vital Football

Aston Villa vs Manchester United - Sunday 11 Feb 16:30

Yup. We need Konsa back to give a bit more solidity and reliability and Torres to get attacks going with those long, defence splitting passes.

Definitely missing Konsa - but overall the defence performed pretty well - we limited united to very few chances - unfortunately they took 2 of them !!!

Don’t think I’ve seen it mentioned but the round of boos that happened after Southgate appeared on the big screen was perfect.

Another thing was the anti abuse/racism/homophobia messages that appeared on the big screen when the rat went to take a corner, how are we supposed to make Villa park intimidating if the club are pretty much telling us to stop? I didn’t hear anything racist, homophobic round by me anyway so I’m guessing one or two elsewhere went a bit too far. Calling him an w⚓️ and a rat, yes it’s abuse but footballers are surely used to this and should have a thicker skin, id lap it up personally and use to it to push me on. He does himself no favours with his behaviour.

When it popped up as he went to take a corner on our side of the Holte, I thought it made the booing and gestures slightly worse.

I’m pretty sure second half, it popped up as he went to take a corner in the opposite corner of the pitch in front of the United fans so I thought it was intentional.

Yup. Clubs do it nearly every game.

Nah. I haven’t seen that at a home game for a while and the timing of the announcement(s) were literally to the second that they were given a corner/rat walked over to take it. It pretty much made the abuse toward him worse when fans were told to stop.

When it popped up as he went to take a corner on our side of the Holte, I thought it made the booing and gestures slightly worse.

I’m pretty sure second half, it popped up as he went to take a corner in the opposite corner of the pitch in front of the United fans so I thought it was intentional.

Yes the timing was absolutely too coincidental on more than one occasion, he was the only one getting that sort of abuse.

Nah. I haven’t seen that at a home game for a while and the timing of the announcement(s) were literally to the second that they were given a corner/rat walked over to take it. It pretty much made the abuse toward him worse when fans were told to stop.
They did it v Newcastle on the 56th min lol.

I did think twice about putting this up knowing people are trying to get over the result but it again goes to highlight the total incompetence of the referee supposedly in charge that he bought this cheating dive and gave a free-kick that eventually led to the goal.

That was 10 yards in front of me it was a dive all day but the ref bought it