Aston Villa vs Chelsea Match Thread Sunday 16th Oct 2pm | Vital Football

Aston Villa vs Chelsea Match Thread Sunday 16th Oct 2pm

Villan57

Alert Team
We go again.
My seat for this would be £50 and I have to be honest if I had to buy it as a one off I'd be sitting at home watching on TV

550 tickets left for this one and there are even tickets left for the Friday reserve game against Newcastle at Bodymoor, which are normally sold out

550 tickets left for this one and there are even tickets left for the Friday reserve game against Newcastle at Bodymoor, which are normally sold out

That’s the harsh reality, to get your 50,000 in you have to be winning. It looked like we were heading that way and now it doesn’t. The fickleness of the armchair fan.

Who on earth does Gerrard choose to play in this one after such lack of creativity in recent games? McGinn, Ramsay, Luiz, Couthino, Bailey all anonymous and Buendia better but not great. Then who from Watkins totally out of sorts, Ings invisible and Archer, did well I thought apart from a strange defensive header from a cross. But talking about those, McGinn’s headed clearance was even more galling with just the goalie to beat to score. Archer’s youthful zest might be worth a go and bring in Dendoncker somewhere and hope he can make a difference to the other midfielders.

Who on earth does Gerrard choose to play in this one after such lack of creativity in recent games? McGinn, Ramsay, Luiz, Couthino, Bailey all anonymous and Buendia better but not great. Then who from Watkins totally out of sorts, Ings invisible and Archer, did well I thought apart from a strange defensive header from a cross. But talking about those, McGinn’s headed clearance was even more galling with just the goalie to beat to score. Archer’s youthful zest might be worth a go and bring in Dendoncker somewhere and hope he can make a difference to the other midfielders.

The problem is either the way we're set up or the natural tendencies of some of our players. I think to some degree its both but confidence is so deficient they simply don't believe in Gerrards tactics.

Except for Bailey the players flanking our CF do not stay wide. Buendia is everywhere except where he should be which is RW. Coutinho keeps coming in field so teams are able to stay compact safe in the knowledge our Fullback isnt that much of a threat. And because Coutinho moves in field is closes up any space Ramsey might have to dart into.

Our fullbacks don't know whether we're coming or going. They're afraid to push on because if the ball gets turned over we're exposed. So they're not pushing on beyond Emi or Coutinho but they're also not coming short to open up passing lanes to advance the ball forward.

I think for this game I'd push JJ forwards again as he did against City leaving out the Buendia and Coutinho stick in Dendonkey and perhaps even another midfielder as our strikers are toothless anyway. May as well go for a point in this one. if we couldn't beat Forest and a 10-man Leeds it's pointless trying to up the game against a top 4 side

Attacking diamond.

EMI
CASH KONSA MINGS DIGNE
NAKAMBA RAMSEY
LUIZ
ARCHER BUENDIA
OLLIE
You look at that line up and you realize how lightweight we are as a squad. We dont have it within us to boss a game. You would think with a lightweight team we would set up to play to those strengths that more mobile players posses, but no, we inevitably lump it forward and lose it.
I despair of Gerrard.

As SG is still manager and we're playing a sky 6 team against whom he has an appalling record the chances are this is going to be another home defeat sadly.

Let's just lose, get another one out the way and get him closer gone. He is taking us nowhere fast and we are going nowhere fast..A win or draw changes nowt overall. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Sorry but fair play to anyone trying to work out which players are off form and who to bring in their place because MHO that is utterly futile .

IF THE SYSTEM, SET UP, GAME PLAN AND TACTICS ARE FLAWED IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO PLAYS.

SIMPLES