Aston Villa v Wolves Match Thread - Sat 30 Mar - 5.30pm | Page 3 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Wolves Match Thread - Sat 30 Mar - 5.30pm

Surprised to see quite a few tickets still available for this game online. Though at £63 a pop, maybe that’s understandable. £63!!!
Are these ones they have held back for hospitality? They then put the ones not sold up for sale near the match. Either that or late resale tickets.

Are these ones they have held back for hospitality? They then put the ones not sold up for sale near the match. Either that or late resale tickets.

Possibly, as they did seem to be in batches or near the back. Just seems extortionate, even if supply and demand is in balance

Anyway, tough game this. Pains me to say it, but Gary O’Neil has done a very good job there given I thought and hoped they might be relegation candidates this season battling with the likes of Forest and Everton.

Going to be goals either end, if we score first we need to search for a second as I’ve no doubt they’ll have spells knocking on the door. I’m fearing a game that’s a bit to eventful for us, but good for the neutral. If they score first, we’ll have to battle hard to get back into the game.

Wolves have got a few injuries and doubts of their own. Hwang and Pedro Neto ruled out and Cunha 50/50 to play according to Fantasy Football Scout. Not sure how much credence you can give to that though.

Anyway, tough game this. Pains me to say it, but Gary O’Neil has done a very good job there given I thought and hoped they might be relegation candidates this season battling with the likes of Forest and Everton.

Going to be goals either end, if we score first we need to search for a second as I’ve no doubt they’ll have spells knocking on the door. I’m fearing a game that’s a bit to eventful for us, but good for the neutral. If they score first, we’ll have to battle hard to get back into the game.
My only fear is that I am getting that feeling I've had that's undone me a few times this year. We should win this, I expect to win this but everytime I've felt that way I've had the wind blown out my sails.

Unai's record against Wolves almost mirrors our record, we're both 6 or 7 games without a win against them. It's about time. Their injuries look a bit more damaging to their ability to be effective than our own. That said the gaping hole in DM against a physical team who plays on the counter could be a weakness but it might be non-issue if we don't make stupid mistakes.

I feel like this is one of those games where the opponent is ourselves. Not to take anything from Wolves or GoN, they've done a stellar job but away at Villa with those injuries should be a bridge too far.

O’Neill has confirmed Cunha is likely to return tomorrow but the good news is that as well as Neto and Hwang being out, Craig Dawson is out as well. He always seems to have a good game against us.
Yes Dawson always has a stormer against us - WBA, West Ham and now Wolves - great pro and defender. Watkins can do what he has done best this season with out Dawson snuffing him out and also getting a bloody headed goal.

There are some games I think we will lose, there are some games I am anxious about.

Having watched Wolves v Coventry in the FA Cup I can see no other outcome than a win for the Villa.

Last edited:
Well at least normal service is resumed tomorrow, God if i have to watch beaky and the boys thinking they are world beaters any longer, i give up. Another tough game but they all are, fingers crossed.

If Neto, Hwang and Dawson are out then we really do need to be taking these to the cleaners. They've been a bogey side for ages it seems so it's time to end that.

If Neto, Hwang and Dawson are out then we really do need to be taking these to the cleaners. They've been a bogey side for ages it seems so it's time to end that.
Yep, these are the must-win games we have 6 of these and 3 where we are expected to lose and in probability will lose.
We do seem to have quite a lot of Bogey slides that have developed in the last 10 or so years, that need blowing out.