Aston Villa v Tottenham Match Thread - Sun 21 March @ 19:30 - Sky | Page 2 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Tottenham Match Thread - Sun 21 March @ 19:30 - Sky

Newcastle and Sheffield United are indeed the dregs of the footballing sides, but they compensate by being very nasty to play against. DS's description of the Newcastle match as "ugly" was spot on. Most sides hate playing them, even though they usually beat them.

I think our lads will be up for the Spurs match. Totally different game. Whatever the result, it won't be ugly.
sorry that just comes across as excuses for the crap performances against them 2 woeful sides. Somehow we managed to be worse than both of them

Spurs defence can be a bit flaky.
My game plan.
Pray for Jack to be fit. Cut off the supply to Kane and Bale, hit them on the break with quick balls to Ollie and we've got a chance.
I'll take the draw now though.

I think theres more chance of Mourinho starting than Jack. Im guessing he will be rested until after internationals to make sure his 100%. From whatever mystery shin/illness he has.
Im just praying for a Jose meltdown. Surely he is due one?

Pro- spurs playing extra time in Croatia, possible fatigue for the villa game
Con- apparently they were super muck tonight and against arsenal so they they can't be bad three games in a row?

People saying mourinho is on thin ice, that that performance was a sackable offence..... Well then let's put the boots to him and wave him goodbye at the final whistle.

I hope you are wrong D.I. , another defeat would be hard to stomach and extend this wretched run of relegation type form

I hope to be wrong always as most of my predictions are always negative ! The easier a game looks the more prepared I am for a defeat. It helps if we actually lose as I don't get pissed off much. Our form since the turn of the year has been close to terrible.

I hope to be wrong always as most of my predictions are always negative ! The easier a game looks the more prepared I am for a defeat. It helps if we actually lose as I don't get pissed off much. Our form since the turn of the year has been close to terrible.

You said it.

Form or performances?

Our performances are poor .

Our form since Jan1st is played 13 , won 4, drawn 4, lost 5 . So sorry , that is not ‘terrible’ form. It’s solidly mid-table which is where we actually are and expected to be given our squad. The rest of the league must be utter shite because despite being terrible we haven’t dropped below 11th since Jan 1st.
Maybe that is because we had a beyond wildest expectation 2020 start to the season.

Ooops. Sorry . Nothing counts this season if it’s pre 2021.
My bad for mentioning it.

Last edited:
You said it.

Form or performances?

Our form since Jan1st is played 13 , won 4, drawn 4, lost 5 . So sorry , that is not ‘terrible’ form. It’s solidly mid-table which is where we actually are and expected to be given our squad.

Actually it is 4 wins, 3 draws and 6 losses and most likely that 6 could be 7 by the end of the weekend. So we have accumulated 15 out of a possible 39 and at this rate over 38 games we would achieve 43 points which is just 3 over the usual 40 point target that teams who are in danger of getting relegated set for themselves?

You said it.

Form or performances?

Our form since Jan1st is played 13 , won 4, drawn 4, lost 5 . So sorry , that is not ‘terrible’ form. It’s solidly mid-table which is where we actually are and expected to be given our squad. The rest of the league must be utter shite because despite being terrible we haven’t dropped below 11th since Jan 1st.
Maybe that is because we had a beyond wildest expectation 2020 start to the season.

Ooops. Sorry . Nothing counts this season if it’s pre 2021.
My bad for mentioning it.

Lol. Recent form does not count, alright 👍 I guess even Saints fans should not be worried about their form in 2021 either and should wait till the season ends and do nothing about it for now !