Aston Villa v Sheffield Wednesday Saturday 22nd September 3pm . | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Sheffield Wednesday Saturday 22nd September 3pm .

sirdennis

Alert Team
About time we had a thread for tomorrows game.

I would start with the same team , apparently Wednesday were poor on Wednesday (see what I did there) so we should come out of the blocks fast and bombard them for half an hour before they get chance to settle.

I still don't like Jedi at the back. I thought the defence against Blackburn looked as solid as it's been all season so I'd revert to that and give Elmo and Jedi a rest..... he keeps going on about rotation after all and they are 2 of our older players playing every game.

I was wondering if we could get through to kick off without anyone noticing!

Yes, same team would be just fine, although I would rather see Axel in for Jedinak, but Bruce's position is pretty clear. They were pretty ropey on Wednesday night - Forest carved them up time and again. Having said that, I still have a nasty suspicion we will lose this 2-1.

Actually I meant to put the same team except for Bolasie in for El Ghazi.

I would play Jedi , Wednesday have a couple of big units up front and if nothing else Jedi is very good in the air.

Yep. I would put Bolasie in for El Ghazi.

Not that impressed with El Ghazi so far. Bit of a non entity.

Confidence should be high for this , agree drop El Ghazi for Bolasie .
Onomah returns to Villa park as does bannan . Foristierri (their best player) suspended I think.
COYVB's

I think we have to come to terms with our defensive frailties this season, whichever combination he picks.

Tuanzebe looked more mobile and better positionally to me, with Jedi stronger in the air. So maybe pick to suit the opposition meaning Jedi gets the nod against big units. Prefer Hutton at left back as Taylor seems afraid to cross the half way line in terms of going forward. Would like to see Bree get some game time at right back but doubt that'll happen.

As you were with midfield/attack in terms of formation with Bolasie starting and replaced by El Ghazi/Albert if tiring. Hogan as a striking option from the bench.

As far as I'm concerned, these are must win games if he wants to keep us simpletons happy and remain in post. The real tests against teams with realistic play off aspirations will come in December.

Please don't revert back to play with a defensive midfielder. Taylor and tuenzabe in for Hutton and jedinak.

I can't wait for the November/ December run of games.

Bring it on.

Agreed, we'll know more about promotion prospects and Mr Bruce's future when they're done. If we are in or within 2 or 3 points of the automatic promotion places after them, it will have been a job well done and I'll start to believe we may have a chance of reaching greedsville.

A calmer, more considered Mr Bruce at the pre match conference. 4 losses in 100 games would be great wouldn't it? The championship is difficult don't ya know..

People keep slagging Bruce off for round holes square pegs and then suggest Bolasie on the right to replace El Ghazi.

We have 2 right wingers, El Ghazi n Adomah.

Bolasie is a left winger, so if you want round pegs n round holes, then there is only one person he should replace.

In facy, personally I would have Adomah , McGinn (who was motm the other night n our best player) Hourihane (who achieves more assists , more goals and more "dangerous" passes than any other midfielder, and Bolasie in that midfield.

Again, i will be accused of Jack bashing, but the fact is, he has been poor this season, and those competing for his place havent - simple

Anyway , 1 1 draw due to negative Steve, and wouldnt be suprised if Wed nick it.