Aston Villa v Sheffield United Friday 22nd December 8pm | Page 31 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Sheffield United Friday 22nd December 8pm

Mike Dean on Sky said it was a goal and three of the panelists said “Penalty” for the push on Ollie.
Good enough for me.
Remember playing the Owls at home and the most blatant push on Andy Gray who had a "tap in" header. Ref was Mr Fussey and he waved play on . Fortunately we went on to win 2-1. Push on Ollie? Defies belief that is not considered a penalty. Mr Taylor had a nightmare but l can forgive him but VAR, ? Pathetic.

Before VAR we'd slag the officials off on the pitch. Its worse now because the VAR team have the time to get it right and are making a balls up nearly every match.
So what's the point of VAR?
One thing is we'd never be able to play our high line without it.

Before VAR we'd slag the officials off on the pitch. Its worse now because the VAR team have the time to get it right and are making a balls up nearly every match.
So what's the point of VAR?
One thing is we'd never be able to play our high line without it.
Very true, the offside trap is perfect for VAR as it stands, it would be too risky without it. It's genius by Emery to implement this new very effective tactic made due to VAR analysing every goal. I'm surprised no one else has copied it yet.

Very true, the offside trap is perfect for VAR as it stands, it would be too risky without it. It's genius by Emery to implement this new very effective tactic made due to VAR analysing every goal. I'm surprised no one else has copied it yet.
I would imagine the level of coaching to make this a success needs to be creme de la creme. I look at other teams and their managers are a laughing stock so I doubt they would want to take the gamble.

I see that idiot Mike Dean reckons our goal was correctly disallowed on moral grounds.

So does that mean that every goal scored by a Saudi owned team should be disallowed too.