Aston Villa v Sheffield United Friday 22nd December 8pm | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Sheffield United Friday 22nd December 8pm

A friday night goal feast awaits - we go top of table ......great start to the christmas weekend.

Struggling to get out of the "it would be typical Villa for our amazing run to come to an end against Sheffield United" old Villa mentality. Even though I know we are a completely different beast. (That said I'll still predict a big win in the Erod).

Win this and I will definitely start to get a bit carried away.

Struggling to get out of the "it would be typical Villa for our amazing run to come to an end against Sheffield United" old Villa mentality. Even though I know we are a completely different beast.

Win this and I will definitely start to get a bit carried away.

Weve got the best manager in the world and the best goal keeper in the world - and one or two others who aint to bad either......

Home win , easy , at least by 3 clear goals.....

(Gone for 1-1 in the EROD though)

Everyone in the world will be on the roads doing their Xmas travel.

8pm ko. Makings of a cluster fuck of epic proportions.

Think I'll start making my way up on Thursday.

:eek:

The fear is that they come to park the bus. Most teams struggle to breakdown a team with 11 behind the ball and it doesn't lead to very entertaining games. Let's hope that we can make the breakthrough early.

I'd have preferred to have played them earlier in the season when Heckingbottom was in charge as they looked clueless. Think Wilder will have them up for this one and is already showing signs of organising them.

Expecting a hard fought victory possibly by one or two goals - not confident we'll pile on a cricket score.

If Pau is out then I'd bring in Lenglet as he's similar (and preferable to Matty Cash ATM). Douggie's back, so that's a positive but not sure who he will pair with. Hope Bailey's ankle is recovered after the Butcher of Burnley caught him on Sunday.

Merry Christmas everyone and here's to top of the league for Xmas - the best present that we have all wished Santa for.

images

The fear is that they come to park the bus. Most teams struggle to breakdown a team with 11 behind the ball and it doesn't lead to very entertaining games. Let's hope that we can make the breakthrough early.
This, unfortunately, is the future of a lot of our games if we carry on at the level we're at right now. Expecting to win, livid if we don't, banging against a brick wall for 90mins. Nobody said it was all a bed of roses.

Imperative Bailey plays to unlock their defence. Didnt think id ever say that! MoTD was interesting in how Brentford set up, condensing the back 4 and their midfield to cut off our supply lines.
I don't expect Sheff utd to press us, just sit back.
Early goal and 3-0. I'd settle for a 1-0 though.

Weve got the best manager in the world and the best goal keeper in the world - and one or two others who aint to bad either......

Home win , easy , at least by 3 clear goals.....

(Gone for 1-1 in the EROD though)
Ha we go the other way around—I'll talk a cautionary game but then I go and make wild predictions.