Aston Villa v Nottingham Forest Match Thread: Saturday 24th February, 3pm | Page 2 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Nottingham Forest Match Thread: Saturday 24th February, 3pm

Referees should not have a name, giving them any kind of fame is encouraging them, they should be referred to as the Ref and anything else about them should be unknown. The day tey started to be noticed is the day it al started to go wrong.
Perhaps they could wear masks?

This one worries me. Tavaraes and Hudson-Odoi are both bang in form down their left hand side. Think they'll be targeting Cash & Lenglet.

Awoiyini is also playing well, and both Elanga & Gibbs-White are very capable on their day.

We'll need to be bang on it.
I see us playing more conservatively and limiting their ability to hit us on the break. That may rile up a few here who don't like "tappy tappy side to side" but unless we score early I am not sure we'll see a massive increase in tempo.

Pretty sure Elanga destroyed Cash when we played them last time too. We don't want Odoi, Elanga and Gibbs-White getting a run on our back 4 too often. We need to try and isolate and swarm Awonyi too because I wouldn't to see him in too many one-to-one duels with Lenglet or Pau as he likely wins all of those.

A much tougher game without Konsa and Kamara.

This one worries me. Tavaraes and Hudson-Odoi are both bang in form down their left hand side. Think they'll be targeting Cash & Lenglet.

Awoiyini is also playing well, and both Elanga & Gibbs-White are very capable on their day.

We'll need to be bang on it.
But we've got the best goalie in the world ., one of the best centre halves in Europe , a top class midfield ( one of the best in the league) with WCD , SJM & JJ who is back to form , Bailey causing constant danger and Ollie who is also one of the best strikers in the league.

Bring it on.

But we've got the best goalie in the world ., one of the best centre halves in Europe , a top class midfield ( one of the best in the league) with WCD , SJM & JJ who is back to form , Bailey causing constant danger and Ollie who is also one of the best strikers in the league.

Bring it on.
Of course. And that is true every game we play, but doesn't mean all games will be walkovers.

Think this one will be tricky.

All PL games are difficult, all teams have some good players, and some teams have 11 good players. Unai isn't just saying every game is difficult as an excuse if we lose he means it.
I expect us to win at home and draw away against most teams, we've lost to Forest away so we need the win.
We seem to blow hot and cold in the same games at the moment and it is a question of scoring when we are on top and keeping a clean sheet when we aren't. Both are proven to be difficult the last couple of months.

Of course. And that is true every game we play, but doesn't mean all games will be walkovers.

Think this one will be tricky.
No easy game in the premier league is there - except Sheffield U maybe - Hopefully Watkins has started up his hot streak for the run in - be great timing

Ok you all feel free to ignore me, but I called the Newcastle defeat, the United defeat and the Chelsea defeat, despite being positive and optimistic for most other matches this season.

Some games just look like obvious banana skins to me and this is one of them.

Hoping and praying I'm wrong this time.

We played well v Man Utd though. Probably as well as we've played since before Christmas. Fulham was just as good and we seem to have our fluency back and hopefully that will continue Saturday.
We've done well in the last two games but it has been touch and go if we get the points, we just don't keep clean sheets, and we've struggled all season with them. If Ollie has he shooting head on we win, if he doesn't its touch and go.
Hopefully Pau can get us back to normal

Ok you all feel free to ignore me, but I called the Newcastle defeat, the United defeat and the Chelsea defeat, despite being positive and optimistic for most other matches this season.

Some games just look like obvious banana skins to me and this is one of them.

Hoping and praying I'm wrong this time.
I wouldn't take it personally mate, I think every single one of us has doubts about every game and some are a bit too cocky some weeks and it reflects in the comments but I'm worried every game.

I wouldn't take it personally mate, I think every single one of us has doubts about every game and some are a bit too cocky some weeks and it reflects in the comments but I'm worried every game.
This.....

There's always room for optimism and if we have serious aspirations for top 4, this is a must win game. We experienced a wonderful run-in last season (which none of us are used to) and it's whether we can replicate that same form. The pressure is on and having been underperforming for years and years we also have that nagging doubt.

@DeanoVilla is stating a very real concern that we all feel which is hardwired into all of us. We should be positive, but experience has taught us not to be.

I just think there a certain opponents who just don't suit the way we play and have possibly figured us out to some extent.

I think if we played Chelsea, Newcastle and Man United 10 times each we'd lose 8 of them against each team.

I'm worried Forest are in that bracket too. They beat us 2 nil at their place, and they just have the pace and directness to cause our defense and full backs especially lots of problems.

I usually predict us to win easily. I did against Fulham. I just see Forest as one of the teams who's style really doesn't suit us.

I just think there a certain opponents who just don't suit the way we play and have possibly figured us out to some extent.

I think if we played Chelsea, Newcastle and Man United 10 times each we'd lose 8 of them against each team.

I'm worried Forest are in that bracket too. They beat us 2 nil at their place, and they just have the pace and directness to cause our defense and full backs especially lots of problems.

I usually predict us to win easily. I did against Fulham. I just see Forest as one of the teams who's style really doesn't suit us.
Is that you Stevie G