Aston Villa v Man United 6th November 2pm kick off. | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Man United 6th November 2pm kick off.

DeanoVilla

One Bloody Number
Surprised we've not got a thread for this yet.

Anyone care to take a stab at what Emery's first starting XI may be?

I'll go for.

Martinez

Cash
Konsa
Mings
Digne

Dendonker
Luiz

Bailey
McGinn
Coutinho

Ings

Couldn't care less who gets selected, none have really earnt the right to their spot other than Martinez. Having said that I'm really interested to see how we set up and how the players react.

I'll go for.

Martinez

Cash
Konsa
Mings
Digne

Dendonker
Luiz

Bailey
McGinn
Coutinho

Ings

I think the formation kinda picks itself given the imbalance in the squad. The only question is over the three behind the striker.

I reckon he'll have Buendia over McGinn.

I'll go for.

Martinez

Cash
Konsa
Mings
Digne

Dendonker
Luiz

Bailey
McGinn
Coutinho

Ings
Don't think Martinez will start as he was concussed. Will Kamara be back? Should we play him if he's fit? What else has he seen from his analysis from our previous games?

I'm sure you won't be far wrong @DeanoVilla, it's whether he can get them up for it and organised. Really hope he can start with a bang, they are there for the taking.

Think it'll look very similar to who we put out against Newcastle, possibly with Digne back in for Ash. Hopefully with a different result.

I think we can get a result in this fixture if the team applies itself as it did vs Brentford and the fans get fully behind Emery and the boys.
That's even assuming manu have var in their pockets as well as the obligatory biased ref, which they've already secured with a jobsworth from Altrincham.
What I already like about Emery unlike his hapless predecessor is that he is no respecter of the sly 6, something we haven't seen since Smith was here. Sg would go into games like these thinking they would "wipe the floor" with us because of who they were. Emery if not immediately will be looking to turn plastic teams like these over on a regular basis. COYL a debut win for Emery would be fantastic against this shower of self-entitled shite.

Will he use the Danks line up as a base or do his own thing, based on his assessment of the players and of MU? I think the latter. Could be interesting.

My guess;

Olsen
Cash Chambers Mings Young
Luiz Dendonker
Archer Sanson Bailey
Watkins

He could play anyone, I saw a lot of Marv in the training videos and Sanson was among the leading players in pressing statistics in the top 5 leagues when we signed him. Ramsey definitely has the brain to take on a lot of tactical info too.

Highly curious about what we do because there are a lot of players who could get a look in. Chambers has previous experience of Emerys tactics so could come for Konsa or Cash. Kamara will be fit enough to be on the bench and I'd imagine could get gametime. Any of Marv, Dendonker and Luiz could start in the double pivot. Archer could in line for much more game time than we've seen him get.

I'd wouldnt discount a few surprises and I definitely expect to see the bench used to its fullest in these early stages.