Aston Villa v Ipswich Town, Sat 25th November @ 3pm | Page 4 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Ipswich Town, Sat 25th November @ 3pm

Stephen Jay Hawkings - 25/11/2017 16:57

Bit of a stroll in the park at the end. Fully deserved 3 points.

Dare I say I hope Blues get something in the late-kick off? :10:

I've always liked Blues. Come on, lads :2:

Watching it on the stream it looked to me like Davis got a nasty kick in the Crown Jewels.

:10:

Another assist for Snodgrass today. By my reckoning he’s had a direct involvement in more than 75% of our recent goals. Whelan with a superb cushioned header for the first, to cap an outstanding individual performance.

:94: :94: :94:

Great win v a very physical/dirty team. Typical Mick M team really.

Few other good chances, could have been out of sight but never felt under threat.

Really good second half performance.

Chuffed.

Now bombing up to Nottingham to see Royal Blood live.

Solid performance, much better than Tuesday. Ipswich have to be one of the worst teams I've seen at villa park. We were comfortable really.

Everyone did ok today but special mention to Whelan who I've never been a fan of but was excellent today. Snodgrass I can't make out. For large parts of the game he looks like a pub player but he goes and picks out a pass like that.

Leeds will be a bigger test on Friday but I think we've another level or 2 that we can go up to. The next few weeks will be a huge test for us. Come through to January relativity unscathed and we will go up.

Great performance, especially second half. Really took control and gave Ipswich no chance. Play like that more often than not and everyone will be happy - surely?

JW85 - 26/11/2017 03:18

Solid performance, much better than Tuesday. Ipswich have to be one of the worst teams I've seen at villa park. We were comfortable really.

Everyone did ok today but special mention to Whelan who I've never been a fan of but was excellent today. Snodgrass I can't make out. For large parts of the game he looks like a pub player but he goes and picks out a pass like that.

Leeds will be a bigger test on Friday but I think we've another level or 2 that we can go up to. The next few weeks will be a huge test for us. Come through to January relativity unscathed and we will go up.

I was impressed by Snoddy's tenacity today. He must be a nightmare to play against.

I agree about having another gear or two. Every win gives us more confidence and if we can keep stacking up the wins, we'll be playing without hesitation soon.

Another wonderful 3 points, Bruce really has us sorted. We won't be far off this season, and that is down to great management.

Been out all day working but managed to check the score on my phone at 4:55pm.

Great result, just got to read up on the performance now. Seems our Alberto was at it again......

:94: :94: :94:

Is that 9 points in all then wurzel?

Clinical and efficient performance and ipswich never threatened at all apart fromy a couple of corners
Loved the way we snuffed the game out and there was never a moments aninety. How often have we been able to say that over the last few years ?

Albert is like a new signing this season never looks like he will miss at the moment . Superb Ball by snodgrass for the second goal and he is really starting to show what he can do.

Ratings:

Johnstone: 6 - nothing much to do. May have got away with it for their disallowed ‘goal’ but I’ve not seen a replay.
Hutton: 8 - excellent.
Chester: 7 - solid.
Jedinak: 7 - dominant. A shame to see him go off injured again.
Taylor: 6 - OK.
Whelan: 8 - in full control.
Hourihane: 7 - tireless.
Adomah: 9 - pure quality. Works as hard as anyone. Another 2 goals. MOTM
Onomah: 8 - classy performance.
Snodgrass: 8 - some quality moments and worked really hard.
Davies: 8 - held it up brilliantly. Some quality touches. Performance deserved a goal.

SUBS

Samba: 7 - did well. Provided a wonderfully childish chuckle when he ‘Cruyffed’ one Ipswich attacker and then immediately smashed the ball into the face of the next one - leading to treatment.
Elmo: 6 - fine.
Grealish: 6 - some nice touches, helped see it through.

Bruce: 8 - I complained in the week that it would be nice to see us go on and dominate games after taking the lead and that we risked letting teams back into games if we didn’t. Exact opposite today. The team went from strength to strength and absolutely dominated the second half. Really enjoyed the way we approached the game.

Havent had a feet up cigars out second half in longwhile!.

Wasn't exactly free flowing but didn't need to be really i suppose and it felt like we could have gone up another gear if required.

Adomah obviously will take the plaudits but Whelan was absolutely tremendous today. Snodgrass always comes in for some debate after every game. The quality is not always there but often is with him. The ball to Adomah for the second goal was excellent. I actually think Snoddy is pretty important to us in this division. A willing runner, never shirks from rolling his sleeves up. Johnstone often looks to go long to him as he can win a header. Someone described him as tenacious, i think thats a good description. He won the ball back a few times today in good areas.

Just wish those around us would start to drop a few points. And yes, Davis took one in the old wedding tackle. I think he would have been subbed in due course anyway.