Aston Villa v Burnley , Thursday 19th May 20.00 hrs K.O | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Burnley , Thursday 19th May 20.00 hrs K.O

sirdennis

Alert Team
The Father of the Forum has possibly jumped the gun a little with the Man City thread , so here is the one for our final home game of the season.

If Mee & Tarkowski are both out again I wouldn't be surprised to see them set up ultra defensive. A point would take them above Leeds and put destiny in their own hands on the last day.
Personally I'd bring Buendia & Ramsey into the line up for Ings and one of McGinn or Dougie. If we play like we did away to Burnley a couple of weeks ago we should get the win

This is a game we should win and I expect to win but I doubt we will as their need is greater than ours.
I quite expect to see Dougie and Phil appearing in Bermuda shorts ray bans flipflops (sorry sliders)and carrying a surfboard under one arm

I'm a bit fed up of hoping for and expecting a commanding performance and some goals against a lesser side, so I predict more frustration and disappointment.

A point would be huge for them so they'll defend like their lives depend on it, I would say 0-0 or they might even nick a win because they will want it more.

Pretty sure quite a few people were saying Burnley would want it more when we went to Turf Moor. That didnt turn out to be the case

I'm sure they wanted it. It was more a case of us turning up and playing well. When we play to our best we will get something off any team outside the top 6 99% of the time. Which is why its so annoying to see us where we are. If we played like we did vs Burnley more we'd be top half.

we need to rotate and save legs for sunday so -

----------- Olsen --------------
Cash Mings Chambers Young
----Chucky --- Nakamba--------
Ramsay Sanson Buendia
-------- Traore ------------------

nah - be looking for something similar for the game against city.
A few more of the kids to keep things fresh and put to bed any thought that stevie g has any interest in the dippers.
We could even give the city players a guard of honour just for good measure.
Imagine the candlelit vigils and demands for an inquiry