Aston Villa v Burnley Thursday 17 Dec 18.00 | Page 3 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Burnley Thursday 17 Dec 18.00

I'd be playing Marv. He's not a traditional DM which is a little frustrating, but he's an excellent presser. We'll have the lion's share of possession in this one, and he'll help to stop them getting out.

I get the temptation to go to 5/3 at the back, but they should be adapting to us more than us to them.

Without question I would start Traore because Burnley without possession drop 9 men behind the ball and we need players who can wind their way through. But he will need to be mentally prepared for a clattering, because that’s what he’s going to get. If that then stops him getting into the game because it’s in his head or he gets injured again, that leaves us exposed.

I can’t see Mings and Konza being able to dominate in the air so if they get crosses in there will be a good few moments of panic. Martinez will need to come out and take a few of the crosses for us. I wouldn’t change it though, we can’t suddenly show no confidence in a back four that’s kept several clean sheets we just have to deal with it and importantly, we need to have a killer instinct ourselves.
Nakamba for me is lightweight, a rabbit in the headlights and I’d be reluctant to play him. Connor is also lightweight but carries a threat going forward. Elmo gives us more aerial strength than Freddie so I’d play him. Give Traore another go, he’s the man in place. Ramsey should keep his place.

Martinez
Elmo Konza Mings Targett
Hourihane Ramsey McGinn Jack Traore
Watkins

I'm hoping they will approach it similar to Fulham away. Force them into hitting their crosses early and dont let them in behind the full backs. Wood and Barnes will win headers against most CB's so the further out they are the better.
I'm not convinced we need Marvelous in for this either, Burnley may be a tough team but they have very little attacking threat down the middle, they always look to get the ball out wide.

I'm hoping they will approach it similar to Fulham away. Force them into hitting their crosses early and dont let them in behind the full backs.they are the better.

I don't Metro vic had 7 headers and our two CB had a heat map in our own 6-yard box,
They play with 2 up and their game is bombing any ball into the box from anywhere. Fulham do at least try and play football.

Keeping them pinned in their own half like we did most of the game at West Ham, is what I'd like to see

The result last night was great for us, because there is no way in hell these clowns are winning 2 away games back to back in the Premier League.

We're sorted.

I don't Metro vic had 7 headers and our two CB had a heat map in our own 6-yard box,
They play with 2 up and their game is bombing any ball into the box from anywhere. Fulham do at least try and play football.

Keeping them pinned in their own half like we did most of the game at West Ham, is what I'd like to see

Yeah and all 7 were from the edge of the box, he only had 1 chance all game

I don't think so mate, he had a fair few chances, if not clear cut

I will have to disagree. Mings and Konsa were comfortable all through that game. The only time he got close was when he fouled Konsa to get at the ball. If the heat map is showing they were inside the 6 yard box all game, I would question its accuracy.

I'd rather not risk Ross B if it means he will be fit for Sunday .

One match at a time but I'm BANG* up for Sunday already.

*Copyright Sir Dennis.

Couldn't give a fuck who plays, just fucking win the thing. If we can't beat Burnley then we haven't progressed as far as we had hoped or been fooled into believing.

Even a draw (chance would be a fine thing) would be okay so long as we beat the scum from Sandwell afterwards.

Must win next two games but that would be 3 on the trot which is a rare event.

Seriously important we don't give Burnley or the stripey filth a leg up