Aston Villa v Brighton Sunday 28th May 16.30 hrs k.o. | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Brighton Sunday 28th May 16.30 hrs k.o.

Filled with dread now it's nearly here. Sunday morning I was sure we'd win this. Now I've done a complex 180. Which is exactly how I felt before the Spurs and Newcastle games so a good omen?

It'd be nice to finish the season on a high and see any kind of European competition here next year but I'd be a lot more nervous if it was for a Europa League spot. If we finish 7th, 8th or even 9th, the manager, coaches and the players deserve huge credit all the same, considering the damage done under Slippy.

Read somewhere on Twitter (yes I know...) that Brighton will rest 6 first team players now they are guaranteed 6th. Hopefully a disjointed performance from them and the home crowd can roar us into Europe!

I'm making sure I'm getting to the Aston Social nice and early on Sunday in order to soak up the atmosphere....it's going to be something special!

When you see some of the teams they have put out recently, it looks like they are already preparing for next season. They are a well run club.

Hopefully they use this match to test out some players they are on the fence about.

That was written in jest but it's actually a serious point when you think about it.

If you have £200m in player sales lined up you won't want to jeopardise that with an injury in a dead rubber match

Fantastic point actually Deano. Never thought of it that way but it makes sense!

That was written in jest but it's actually a serious point when you think about it.

If you have £200m in player sales lined up you won't want to jeopardise that with an injury in a dead rubber match

The other thing is you'd have to doubt the commitment of players like Mac Allister who are certain to leave.

I don't think he would do a Dwight Yorke but he might be less committed to those 50/50 tackles.

The way we beat them earlier in the season I am pretty confident RDZ is going to be looking for blood. If RDZ puts out a "B" team I wouldnt expect the levels to drop off that much. He is a systems based manager like Unai which means it doesnt matter too much if you drop a couple players out of the team. The ones coming in still know the system, they know their role and whats expected.

My money is on Unai but it is going to be a slog of a game.