Aston Villa v Bournemouth. Sunday 21st April 15.00 hrs K.O | Page 15 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Bournemouth. Sunday 21st April 15.00 hrs K.O

Could we play both though, or would that upset the shape of the team?

GK
RB CB CB LB
Luiz Kamara
McGinn
Rogers Ramsey
CF

Leaves a lot of players out of the team and as back-ups, esp. Bailey and Diaby
They can play a big part of a squad - keep improving the squad - injuries this season and the grind of many games has shown we need a squad

Could we play both though, or would that upset the shape of the team?

GK
RB CB CB LB
Luiz Kamara
McGinn
Rogers Ramsey
CF

Leaves a lot of players out of the team and as back-ups, esp. Bailey and Diaby
In Unai we trust but one thing is for sure the team will evolve, players will come and go and Unai will build a side to compete at the top.

Her monotone voice really does grate on me. If they really want a female commentator, surely they can find better

Have to be honest I switch off female commentators. As I did last night. I don't mind saying it as I'm not doing it for sexist or misogynistic reasons but their screeching tone grates me. I'm very noise sensitive anyway. Can't stand multiple noise in the same room or the TV too loud etc. I'd be the same with a low tone bloke it's just not conducive to a good or enjoyable listen to me.

There could be one or two more like Rogers who we'll think "who" and then a few months later be raving about them.

It's what Unai does.
Yep but Emery also has the ability to attract players like Torres, we were truly in business when he joined. Maybe the finances won’t stretch to another big signing but if it does then again it’s going to be another stellar signing. We also have Monchi in the background with all his contacts etc

Have to be honest I switch off female commentators. As I did last night. I don't mind saying it as I'm not doing it for sexist or misogynistic reasons but their screeching tone grates me. I'm very noise sensitive anyway. Can't stand multiple noise in the same room or the TV too loud etc. I'd be the same with a low tone bloke it's just not conducive to a good or enjoyable listen to me.
Agree totally - on the other hand the female commentator for the Lille games was decent I thought. For both the games I thought she was good.

If buying one targeted top class player each window is Unai’s preferred method then it’s ok by me. Torres and Rogers have set the bar.

CL is different gravy, we’ll have to sign some players in the summer. What we have seen in our European adventure is that there is value out there. I’m not expecting a Chelsea approach, much more a “horses for courses” surgical approach that suits Unai’s methods. What he saw in Rogers and how he could be molded is where I think we’ll be and maybe a big sale to mitigate or offset spend. I may be wrong but I’m seeing us as an Ajax or Brighton bringing through exceptional talent, not spunking £80m on the latest big thing.

CL is different gravy, we’ll have to sign some players in the summer. What we have seen in our European adventure is that there is value out there. I’m not expecting a Chelsea approach, much more a “horses for courses” surgical approach that suits Unai’s methods. What he saw in Rogers and how he could be molded is where I think we’ll be and maybe a big sale to mitigate or offset spend. I may be wrong but I’m seeing us as an Ajax or Brighton bringing through exceptional talent, not spunking £80m on the latest big thing.
The team needs a good bit of work and it'll be interesting to see what we do. We've got that Kosta lad coming in at RB who is described as being similar to Ivanovic but taller. Kamara is out until December and Tyrone/Emi2 are to come back as well.

There is an argument to say we could do with a RB, CB, LB and DM. I don't see Cash as a starter long term and its TBD if this Kostas lad will start.
Tyrone coming back from a big injury is risky and we could do with more aerial power at the back.
LB is tricky because you've got Digne and Merino who are close in age. You might get away with those two for another season.
I think midfield could do with more aerial prowess too and Mikel Merino would fit the bill.

I think if we got Dumfries and Merino we'd be laughing. Improves could be made all over the pitch but a proper RB and DM/CM are needed IMO.

Where were those Villa wannabe Ultras, in the top tier of the DE above the away fans? Can't see them from where I sit

Yeah above the away fans, P9. I was wondering where they came from, and where they go to when you get a team who can fill an away end.

Where were those Villa wannabe Ultras, in the top tier of the DE above the away fans? Can't see them from where I sit
Might be a bit harsh. Ultras don't normally do work for the Aston Villa Foundation and get allocated seats from the club. I'm all in favour of people trying to improve the atmosphere by doing something about it? They were allocated seats by the club as a trial. Most transfered from their own " normal " seats.

Yeah above the away fans, P9. I was wondering where they came from, and where they go to when you get a team who can fill an away end.
I've no idea where they came from, I just saw them in photos as It's the one part of the ground I can't see, I can't recall hearing them either or the Bournemouth fans

Might be a bit harsh. Ultras don't normally do work for the Aston Villa Foundation and get allocated seats from the club. I'm all in favour of people trying to improve the atmosphere by doing something about it? They were allocated seats by the club as a trial. Most transfered from their own " normal " seats.
I use the word Ultras lightly as I didn't know who they were, still don't to be honest. They look a bit "fabricated"