Aston Villa v Bournemouth. Sunday 21st April 15.00 hrs K.O | Page 14 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Bournemouth. Sunday 21st April 15.00 hrs K.O

Is this set up more productive than fitting in Douglas. Or is it just we got more predictable when Douglas has been playing.

Brilliant performance, very professional.

I thought we’d be tired and leggy, and we did show signs of it a little in the first half. But to come back from 1 down to win that emphatically, just showed our character.

Rogers was class, MOTM for me. He’s reached a level I thought we wouldn’t see until next season, brilliant power driving forward with the ball, brilliant at linking up play, brilliant composure on the ball and brilliant finish. Also, I’ve just seen his goal back and didn’t realise at the time the through ball from Bailey was outside of the boot.

Big shout out to Ollie who had an exceptional second half too, I think it was two assists in the end though he deserved a goal.

Good performances all round, especially down the spine of the team out there today. Perhaps Cash was the weakest link today, he seemed a bit off it but after his heroics in the cup midweek we’ll let him off.

Good atmosphere, felt like an end of season party in the Lower Holte.

Good to see that Solanke was booked for the celebrations in front of the Holte when he scored. Bow and arrow gesture into the crowd followed by a dance to them.

Exactly,

BBC continued to excel themselves last night after the shambles of Football Focus on Saturday. The highlights of our game on MOTD consisted of a first half showing five Bournemouth attacks in a row followed by our goal and the particular highlight in the second half was the reference from the female commentator who seems to have as much charisma as my garden fork, referring to ‘Mohammed’ Diaby as he tucked away our second….you’d think they’d try to edit it out..but I guess the editors are as clueless as the rest of them!

BBC continued to excel themselves last night after the shambles of Football Focus on Saturday. The highlights of our game on MOTD consisted of a first half showing five Bournemouth attacks in a row followed by our goal and the particular highlight in the second half was the reference from the female commentator who seems to have as much charisma as my garden fork, referring to ‘Mohammed’ Diaby as he tucked away our second….you’d think they’d try to edit it out..but I guess the editors are as clueless as the rest of them!
Danny Murphy giving all the credit to Man City for any of the youngsters they have sold or let go like Rogers - surely WBA, Boro and Emery should get mentioned and given all the credit

More and more now I'm finding that the Premier League highlights from the Sky website are enough for me.

I'm less and less tolerant of commentators and "pundits" nowadays.

Her monotone voice really does grate on me. If they really want a female commentator, surely they can find better

Danny Murphy giving all the credit to Man City for any of the youngsters they have sold or let go like Rogers - surely WBA, Boro and Emery should get mentioned and given all the credit
Citeh take the cream of the crop of youngsters, so on average, more of them should make the grade. Yes they are taught the basics, but it's not Pep taking them every day. I'll kind of forgive pundits as they have to come up with a 3 second soundbite to make some kind of point, but as @sirdennis says, I'm getting tired of the same old clichés being trotted out.

As for Rogers, no-one other than Unai spotted the "potential" and I remember his first outing for us and thought he was ok going forward but suspect defensively. As loads have pointed out, in the game between us and Boro, he was totally anonymous. Many a manager could have ruined this kid, never to be seen again. Unai has developed him and due to various circumstances, he got, and took his opportunity.

Citeh take the cream of the crop of youngsters, so on average, more of them should make the grade. Yes they are taught the basics, but it's not Pep taking them every day. I'll kind of forgive pundits as they have to come up with a 3 second soundbite to make some kind of point, but as @sirdennis says, I'm getting tired of the same old clichés being trotted out.

As for Rogers, no-one other than Unai spotted the "potential" and I remember his first outing for us and thought he was ok going forward but suspect defensively. As loads have pointed out, in the game between us and Boro, he was totally anonymous. Many a manager could have ruined this kid, never to be seen again. Unai has developed him and due to various circumstances, he got, and took his opportunity.
Forgive Danny Murphy? Not a chance the bloke is an imbecile - Rogers stood out yesterday against a very organised/tenacious midfield. Emery has taken many of these players to the next level - I suspect Rogers has got a couple more levels to go still - for an initial £8m and starting lower wage he looks an absolute snip. Him and Ramsey are definitely the future

Could we play both though, or would that upset the shape of the team?

GK
RB CB CB LB
Luiz Kamara
McGinn
Rogers Ramsey
CF

Leaves a lot of players out of the team and as back-ups, esp. Bailey and Diaby