Aston Villa v Barnsley Saturday 20th January 15.00 hrs | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Barnsley Saturday 20th January 15.00 hrs

sirdennis

Alert Team
Next up for us in the automatic promotion roadshow are Barnsley .

Should be a comfortable home win , no changes for me except for Jedinak who if fit should come back into midfield.

3-0 to us.

Not sure about the comfortable bit sirdennis, we dont seem to do comfortable.
But yes, home win 2-0.

Bristol City was pretty comfortable to be fair.

I don't think this one will be as easy, I'd take a 2-1 win.

Agree with SirDen. Jedi in for Whelan, apart from that, unchanged.

If Jedi is unfit, should Barney the Viking start instead?
We ought to win this one BUT they did draw with Wolves last time out.

The stated objectives for the club this year were 94pts and 80 goals. We are currently behind the stated ambitions but as SB rightly says - this is where the season starts.

We need an almighty run to achieve automatic promotion (and/or the above) but I am starting to believe it is possible. These next few games are winnable and if we set the Forest game as the minimum standard (which I thought we controlled throughout) we have as good a chance as anyone outside of Wolves.

The information coming out of the club is all positive: player unity, confidence, no cliques and the respect for Steve Agnew. 3pts from the Barnsley game for me although I think it will be far from easy. Going for a 2-1 Villa, Hogan to score, fans happy, job done.

:94: :94: :94:

hmm Wolves failed to break them down think we need too be patient in this one and stretch the play. But still expect a win 2-0

DeanoVilla - 16/1/2018 10:30

Bristol City was pretty comfortable to be fair.

Yeah, we were in corporate to be fair, those seats are very comfortable I agree

I read that Gardner bossed the game against Wolves at the weekend and has been one of Barnsley's stand out players since mid December. He'll be a big loss to them. Should be winning this one but I'm going to keep my mouth shut and not jinx it. Really hope I can get a live stream or a periscope on twitter for this. :94:

Holte End Hero - 16/1/2018 17:46

I read that Gardner bossed the game against Wolves at the weekend and has been one of Barnsley's stand out players since mid December. He'll be a big loss to them. Should be winning this one but I'm going to keep my mouth shut and not jinx it. Really hope I can get a live stream or a periscope on twitter for this. :94:

I didn't know that he'd played well , I just assumed as he'd hardly started a game for them he'd been hopeless .
I think it's probably too late for him at Villa but I always had high hopes of GG , certainly has or had more in his locker than Whelan ,Lansbury or Hourihane , funny old game isn't it .

No such thing as an easy win , settle for 1 0 up after 20 mins then defend the rest of the game. :70:

Should be a fairly routine win.

2-0, comfortable. Barnsley won't be a pushover, but really should having nothing to worry us unduly.

Keep that confidence going boys - home turf, decent crowd and 3 wins on the spin. What could possibly go wrong?

:94:

I'm not sure still about Thor .
Either way this is no "give me". I'd be happy with 3 points in any fashion whatsoever

Gardner was injured to the best of my understanding 57. When fit he plays.

So promising he plays but injury worries again. Played regularly since November.