Aston Villa v Arsenal, 9th December 2023 | Page 22 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Arsenal, 9th December 2023

Loving the Arsenal meltdown as much as I loved the Spurs reaction when we beat them. They really don’t like it ‘up em’ do they. How dare we compete and try to break into their close knit ‘Big Six’ community!! At least Man City were a bit more gracious in defeat. These deluded Norf Landan muppets are off the scale. Wenger days are long gone and Spurs ‘days‘ haven’t existed in my lifetime. They’ve won fuck all. ‘Big Six’….?! It might just become the ‘Big 7’!
It gives me hope that we could really challenge them tbh. Because our mentality is clearly better than theirs. Whatever you think of City and Pep, he was gracious in defeat as you say. This current Arsenal crop lack class and it comes from the manager (not helped by AFTV—I am thankful that the many independent Villa podcasters out there are not at all like them).

It gives me hope that we could really challenge tbh. Because our mentality is clearly better than theirs. Whatever you think of City and Pep, he was gracious in defeat as you say. This current Arsenal crop lack class and it comes from the manager.
Pep couldn't really have argued that they were unlucky. I wouldn't give him too much credit.

As for the Arsenal game, they were lucky they didn't play us on Wednesday or we'd had an extra day to recover like they had.

Miraculous result given the perfect storm that was sent to disrupt us. And major cudos to Unai for managing it brilliantly.

Pep couldn't really have argued that they were unlucky. I wouldn't give him too much credit.

As for the Arsenal game, they were lucky they didn't play us on Wednesday or we'd had an extra day to recover like they had.

Miraculous result given the perfect storm that was sent to disrupt us. And major cudos to Unai for managing it brilliantly.
True. Pep's whinging right now about absolutely nothing tbf

It gives me hope that we could really challenge them tbh. Because our mentality is clearly better than theirs. Whatever you think of City and Pep, he was gracious in defeat as you say. This current Arsenal crop lack class and it comes from the manager (not helped by AFTV—I am thankful that the many independent Villa podcasters out there are not at all like them).
He didn't really have much choice , we clearly battered them off the park . He is also a moaning prick most of the time

Klopp, Pep and Arteta are all the same.

None of them can take losing.

Klopp and Pep are very complimentary and put on the nice guy act when they win - but of course, that’s easier to do when you’ve just picked up three points.
We sit 2 points off the top and are probably the most in form team. Absolutely love to beat Newcastle and Liverpool in reverse fixtures

Klopp, Pep and Arteta are all the same.

None of them can take losing.

Klopp and Pep are very complimentary and put on the nice guy act when they win - but of course, that’s easier to do when you’ve just picked up three points.
We sit 2 points off the top and are probably the most in form team. Absolutely love to beat Newcastle and Liverpool in reverse fixtures
The only thing that will derail us is injuries to key players. I do hope we can bring in a couple in January and we have to improve cover for Martinez.

If the A team stay injury free we will finish top four

It's the old adage really, if you fail to take your chances and your opposition take theirs then you really never 'deserve' to win.
it’ll be interesting to see their pass maps. Apart from that big chance in the first half and a 10 minute spell in the 2nd half. Most of the game was played 30 yards from our goal.

Managers have to say certain things but if any manager really thought they deserved to win, just because they all the ball. Then they are fucking deluded.

it’ll be interesting to see their pass maps. Apart from that big chance in the first half and a 10 minute spell in the 2nd half. Most of the game was played 30 yards from our goal.

Managers have to say certain things but if any manager really thought they deserved to win, just because they all the ball. Then they are fucking deluded.
Recall Paul Lambert after an "educational " trip to Germany. We were, for a few games, having the lions share of possession. We were toothless, fannying around for 90 minutes.

I think the shoe polish Arteta puts on his hair is starting to seep into his brain. He was utterly unhinged in that post match interview.

I thought Spurs head loss was unprecedented a couple of weeks ago but this Arsenal meltdown is on another level. They're trying to convince the world the referees have rigged the game against them somehow.

I thought Spurs head loss was unprecedented a couple of weeks ago but this Arsenal meltdown is on another level. They're trying to convince the world the referees have rigged the game against them somehow.
It makes @sirdennis criticism of the refs look like kindergarten stuff. Come on man, gotta up your game :ROFLMAO:

In truth, there are imbeciles who support a football team just as there are imbeciles in general life - but you don't have to go and prove how stupid you are to the world on twitter once every week.

Whatever happened to kids learning how to be a good loser? It's a big part of life and happens more often than any of us would like. Many teams, Wolves, Leeds, Forest, Wednesday, Bury have been through extended periods of shite over the last few decades. Get a grip, support your team in the good times and the bad.

Garth Crooks -

"The real hero of the side at the moment is their captain McGinn. The Scot is playing the football of his life and can slot into almost any role required of him.

However, talk of winning the title is sheer fantasy. There's more chance of Prince William taking charge of Villa's remaining fixtures than them winning the Premier League."

Garth Crooks -

"The real hero of the side at the moment is their captain McGinn. The Scot is playing the football of his life and can slot into almost any role required of him.

However, talk of winning the title is sheer fantasy. There's more chance of Prince William taking charge of Villa's remaining fixtures than them winning the Premier League."
He needs proper psychiatric help