Aston Villa: Memory Lane | Page 78 | Vital Football

Aston Villa: Memory Lane

Just seen on twitter that Peter Bonetti, ex Chelsea and England keeper, has died. Very sad obviously but the tweet I saw the news on had this brilliant picture taken at what has to be Villa park as I'm 100% sure that's the old Trinity Road.

Anyone know the year this was taken or perhaps was at the game?
As TH says 1965 semi. Yes I was at that game, stood on the Holte End, was 14 at the time.
If memory serves me correct I was in amongst the Liverpool fans, on the right side of the Holte.

Just seen on twitter that Peter Bonetti, ex Chelsea and England keeper, has died. Very sad obviously but the tweet I saw the news on had this brilliant picture taken at what has to be Villa park as I'm 100% sure that's the old Trinity Road.

Anyone know the year this was taken or perhaps was at the game?
Peter was very unlucky to be around at the same time as the great Gordon Banks which limited his England career. Tremendous keeper.

Just watched the full 90 vs Derby the 6-0 what a shite game, goals aside what some crap football around. Don't think I've ever seen Gareth Barry and Petrov give the ball away so often.
Derby played like we have this last few weeks, every shot against goes in .
I'd only ever seen MOTD highlights, which were basically the 6 goals

Just watched the full 90 vs Derby the 6-0 what a shite game, goals aside what some crap football around. Don't think I've ever seen Gareth Barry and Petrov give the ball away so often.
Derby played like we have this last few weeks, every shot against goes in .
I'd only ever seen MOTD highlights, which were basically the 6 goals

Yes. I don't think we played a lot of fantasy football when MON was in charge despite where we finished in the table.

Yes. I don't think we played a lot of fantasy football when MON was in charge despite where we finished in the table.

There was the odd good game but that 0-6 was a scrappy game. Not many memorable ones at Villa Park despite is finishing 6th 3 times . on the bounce

There was the odd good game but that 0-6 was a scrappy game. Not many memorable ones at Villa Park despite is finishing 6th 3 times . on the bounce

Disagree with that actually 57. My memory might be playing tricks but I remember this time being one of quite a few decent games. Off the top of my head without looking ...
..we beat chelsea twice including moanios last game first time he was there, blues 5-1, the 2-2 comeback v Arsenal, gabby perfect hat trick in the 4-2 against Citeh, 4-1 comeback against the Toon, 6-4 in the league cup v Blackburn

Disagree with that actually 57. My memory might be playing tricks but I remember this time being one of quite a few decent games. Off the top of my head without looking ...
..we beat chelsea twice including moanios last game first time he was there, blues 5-1, the 2-2 comeback v Arsenal, gabby perfect hat trick in the 4-2 against Citeh, 4-1 comeback against the Toon, 6-4 in the league cup v Blackburn

That's what I said the odd game here and there, bound to be some in 180 games

I was at that game, boxing day if memory serves me right.

The only downside to that game is that MON got the equaliser for Forest.

I was there too. It was a very good game between 2 entertaining teams and you could sense what was about to happen.