Aston Villa: Memory Lane | Page 160 | Vital Football

Aston Villa: Memory Lane

Never ever forget that day. We were in some bar really close to the stadium before the game, it was upstairs and rammed and had a sort of balcony, remember Villa fans climbing up from below using joined up scarves to get in. Those were the days and it was just going to get better for years to come. Nothing else can touch those years

That 10 game run , then the play offs , then Wembley was absolutely awesome.

Great memories from that spell.

It's the first time in my life I'd felt like winning was inevitable and I realised that this is how the fans of the top clubs must feel.

Those few months from this game to the play off final are amongst the best I've had as a Villa fan. So many moments that will live with me forever.

I genuinely can't remember too many occasions at Villa Park where I celebrated as psychotically wildly as the last few minutes of this game.

Hadn't won in ages, Sherwood wasn't exactly having a convincing start and to top it all just as myself and my dad were about to start our walk from the car to the ground the we found out that Charles N'Zogbia was starting.

Pulis had said before the start of this one that he'd relegate us and then knock us out of the cup on the weekend. Didn't work out that way and he never forgave us for it.

I genuinely can't remember too many occasions at Villa Park where I celebrated as psychotically wildly as the last few minutes of this game.

Hadn't won in ages, Sherwood wasn't exactly having a convincing start and to top it all just as myself and my dad were about to start our walk from the car to the ground the we found out that Charles N'Zogbia was starting.

Pulis had said before the start of this one that he'd relegate us and then knock us out of the cup on the weekend. Didn't work out that way and he never forgave us for it.
And where’s Pullis now? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

No, I don’t care either, nasty little shite who was anti-football.

I know old tactics Tim was a bit of a disaster, but I quite liked him.

I know old tactics Tim was a bit of a disaster, but I quite liked him.

He was exactly what we needed at the time but should never have been allowed to carry us into the new season after the way we ended that one.

There's plenty of blame to share around for the relegation season and from what I saw at the time and from what I've heard since he doesn't get enough of the blame.

The magic in the boots of Chico, Pat, Willie and Sir Brian - just seeing the pic brings it all flooding back. Then of course the power in the boots of Bruce - legendary. The recent loss of some on the back row is hard to comes to terms with. I'd been going for about 5 years or so by the time this picture was taken and lived and breathed this team. I could go on and on about these guys - magnificent.