Aston Villa: Memory Lane | Page 129 | Vital Football

Aston Villa: Memory Lane

This date in 2008 was demolition Derby day. On the OS is a quiz asking you to name the side plus the sub that came on for Olof.. I got all eleven , just got the sub wrong.

This date in 2008 was demolition Derby day. On the OS is a quiz asking you to name the side plus the sub that came on for Olof.. I got all eleven , just got the sub wrong.

One of my favourite days at Villa Park. Genuinely felt like we were on the verge of pushing onto something special. That second MON season was the best of them I thought. Better football and before he'd had to scramble around replacing Olaf, Laursen and Bouma with expensive rubbish. Ashley Young was so good in this team.

One of my favourite days at Villa Park. Genuinely felt like we were on the verge of pushing onto something special. That second MON season was the best of them I thought. Better football and before he'd had to scramble around replacing Olaf, Laursen and Bouma with expensive rubbish. Ashley Young was so good in this team.
It was a great day,remember being in the posh seats within spitting distance of Cappello, Randy and the General.
Oh and I barfed in the executive toilets ( it was an early start lol)

What a dreadful side on paper that was. Benteke, Grealish and Delph all played brilliantly that day linking up down the left.

Cleverly, Vlaar, Westwood, N'Zogbia all had probably their best games in Claret and Blue as well. Its sad seeing what happened to Benteke after leaving us. I saw a compilation of the goals he scored whilst at Villa and there is almost every type of goal. Tap ins, thumping headers, long range strikes, clever chips, solo runs. Yet as soon as he left he became stereotyped as a lumbering target man.

It was a great day,remember being in the posh seats within spitting distance of Cappello, Randy and the General.
Oh and I barfed in the executive toilets ( it was an early start lol)
When l sat in the Trinity, Mervyn King, then Governor of tha Bank of England, sat just behind me. Made my first Million, nudge, nudge, wink ,wink..

I'm not as scathing of our current CBs as some but fucking hell remembering when we had the likes of Ugo, Southgate, Laursen, Mellberg at the back makes me very nostalgic. That's not even mentioning Mcgrath who was coming to the end of his career at Villa when I first got a season ticket. Stick any 2 of those 5 in our team in front of Emi1 and its probably an extra 10 points or more.

We made it 10 wins in a row 3 years ago today. That run to the play off win is the best time I've had as a Villa fan in well over a decade. After the first couple of wins it just felt inevitable to the point where I just 100% believed we would win the final.

I saw every minute of those 10 games. Such a great achievement and some very memorable moments.