Aston Villa Away To West Ham Utd Official Thread | Vital Football

Aston Villa Away To West Ham Utd Official Thread

Yes, bloody bloody bloody kick off time. One Saturday 3pm all season so far.

I get these kick off times are a nuisance when you want to attend the match, but surely at the moment this is to our benefit? It’s far more likely I will sit in front of the tv on a Monday / Sunday night than on a Saturday afternoon. Admittedly I did watch yesterday’s game but it was only because I finished doing other things earlier than expected.

Yes, bloody bloody bloody kick off time. One Saturday 3pm all season so far.
And yet somehow that one Saturday 3pm was the worst possible timing because all our key players had just come back from a heavy week of international duty and could have done with an extra day or two. And now of course we’re back to silly kick offs... couldn’t make it up could you

I think we will struggle in this one without Barkley. Would be lovely to get 3 points and keep us up in the top eight as gaps start to appear in the table around Christmas, but I don't see us being able to break down their very solid two defensive midfielders plus three central defenders without the Barkley/Grealish combination plays which tore apart Liverpool and Arsenal.

I hope Traore starts, I thought he was pretty good against Brighton considering he hasn't been able to play many minutes yet and I'm looking forward to seeing him play more and grow into the side. That said, Trezeguet also had a fairly good game against Brighton and was linking up well with Cash.

Tricky game. I'm looking forward to it though and it's always nice to have something to look forward to on a Monday evening.

West Ham are just like us.

Win games you wouldn't expect. Lose games they should be winning.

Guess we'll just cancel each other ouit in that regard and play out a drab 0-0

If we see the classic Villa away style this season where it appears we deliberately set up much tighter (why don't we play like this at home I just don't understand), and break at them fast then we might be able to nick this one by a goal.

West Ham are nothing special and don't have Antonio who makes them dangerous. They blow hot and cold (as do we right now).

It won't be a draw that's for certain (cue 0-0!).

Antonio always looks their most threatening player to me, so if he is still out it is a huge boost for us. As long as we dont concede the first goal, I fancy us to get something.

I think we will struggle in this one without Barkley. Would be lovely to get 3 points and keep us up in the top eight as gaps start to appear in the table around Christmas, but I don't see us being able to break down their very solid two defensive midfielders plus three central defenders without the Barkley/Grealish combination plays which tore apart Liverpool and Arsenal.

I hope Traore starts, I thought he was pretty good against Brighton considering he hasn't been able to play many minutes yet and I'm looking forward to seeing him play more and grow into the side. That said, Trezeguet also had a fairly good game against Brighton and was linking up well with Cash.

Tricky game. I'm looking forward to it though and it's always nice to have something to look forward to on a Monday evening.

If theres no Barkely I can see Hourihane starting with Grealish and Trez keeping the wings. Traore to come on with 20/30 minutes to go. I think until Traore gets up to speed Dean would be better off just switching Watkins wide and leaving Traore central.