Ashley running out of options? | Vital Football

Ashley running out of options?

Chief_Brody

Vital 1st Team Regular
Been thinking about the prospect of Joe replacing Pardew. Would Ashley risk it? After the inevitable failure who would Ashley then turn to? The loss of Wise Jiminez etc then Lambias then Pardew then Joe, would Ashley be out of cronies ?

Couldexplain the reluctance to sack pardew. I'm starting to think pardew may be bullet proof as ashley has Joe in the position he wants and theres no one else who could fit the real agenda like pardew does

International break coming up, another defeat against Cardiff and who knows. Gives them time to appoint someone.

Don't think there will ever be a shortage of candidates wanting a crack at the NUFC job sadly any decent ones wouldn't work for the fat man.

Yes Bruce especially if the fat fool is handing out 8 year contracts, there will be plenty of charlatans queueing up. And we have seen enough of those in our time to recognise one when we see one.

Chief, whilst I don't think a billionaire will ever be short of mates, you make an interesting point.

Pardew is doing Ashley's job well, he has the press on his side, set up as the good guy in it all, in their eyes, with that nasty Kinnear as the big bad wolf at the door. Of course, that pesky football lark might get in the way and force his hand because we all know the bottom line is staying in the Prem League.

But I note a slight change in matters these past few days - Pardew's job is being mentioned in the press and one or two journos seem to think Ashley will act over this international break. But as you say, given that the bar is set so low at Newcastle, it might actually work in Pardew's favour.

We're not very far into the season. Sacking him now smacks of a plan and dare i say some kind of ambition to do better when Pardew currently has us in a survival position. In changing the manager, there is always the possibility that you may not get a manager as pliant as Pardew in carrying out his boss's brief.

Is Pardew good enough to keep us up? Because that is his only objective. I don't think Ashley cares about how sh*te the football is Being in the Premiership is all that matters for Pardew to keep his job. I am beginning to join the group on here who don't fear relegation if it brings about some positive changes

I don't think so, no doubt a win against Cardiff and the optimists will be thinking we can finish top half of the table.. the next 5 matches after will have us in the shit. Make no mistake about that.

If he loses 7 matches in a row, i can't see any situation where he can stay.

He already has a few bad runs behind him, like 1 win in 7, 1 in 8, 1 in 10. He was sacked for worse at West Ham and Charlton.

Odin - 4/10/2013 16:38

I don't think so, no doubt a win against Cardiff and the optimists will be thinking we can finish top half of the table.. the next 5 matches after will have us in the shit. Make no mistake about that.

If he loses 7 matches in a row, i can't see any situation where he can stay.

The defence will let us down again at Cardiff mate, As I said before the Everton game I fancied us to score 2 goals with Remy in the side, and the same with cardiff but the defence needs some serious work done to tighten it up, Everton are a team in form and may score 3 against a few sides at home, but conceding 3 at home to Hull should have told pardew, we have serious problems at the back that need to be sorted

Pards did say he would make changes. I wonder who he will upset by putting on the bench this time.

Anybody believe that the players are underperforming to get Pardew the sack. They can't really have any respect for him after he put his name to that statement after the transfer window. The French have a long history of hoying the toys out of the pram if things aren't going their way.

vin1892 - 4/10/2013 18:30

Anybody believe that the players are underperforming to get Pardew the sack. They can't really have any respect for him after he put his name to that statement after the transfer window. The French have a long history of hoying the toys out of the pram if things aren't going their way.

Could be, Although Cabaye was our best player and Thats what was so pleasing about that second half because Everton had expected another half of just f*cking us over in every department, However Cabaye coming on and starting to pass the ball about intelligently gave them second thoughts. He had a great impact did Cabaye

Cabaye's a top player and it's the clubs job to get the very best out of players like him and Ben Arfa..you build teams round players like that..fucksakes Barfas pulled us out of the shit a few times already.....there's others can dee most of the donkey work but I've a feeling Barfas going to get scapegoated.

The Owl - 4/10/2013 15:07

International break coming up, another defeat against Cardiff and who knows. Gives them time to appoint someone.

The thing I have noticed about international breaks is that they give people time to forget about a defeat and by the time 2 whole weeks pass without domestic football, they are chomping at the bit to go back for more. Short memories