ARTICLE: MK: "If you haven't got an availability to train and play you won't be here." - HAVE A READ! | Vital Football

ARTICLE: MK: "If you haven't got an availability to train and play you won't be here." - HAVE A READ!

I thought that was a telling comment. MK cannot have been happy with the number of injuries and player absences we have had this year.

He seems to be taking aim at certain players, but I do wonder whether he is 100% happy with the physical and medical side of our training. I am sure the number of training injries we have had this season has been far higher than in the past.

I thought that was a telling comment. MK cannot have been happy with the number of injuries and player absences we have had this year.

He seems to be taking aim at certain players, but I do wonder whether he is 100% happy with the physical and medical side of our training. I am sure the number of training injries we have had this season has been far higher than in the past.
It's certainly been back to back bad years even though we've had an overhaul of staff within that department during the same timescale.

Purely conjecture on my part but I suspect the young player that took on board the advice about upping their output is TJ. I thought he was looking noticeably fitter and more aggressive prior to his own injury set back.

This has to be something to do with the way the players train but I just don't understand how.

Not that long ago players used to slog themselves on 10 mile runs on the roads or up and down hills on a cross country course and lift ridiculously heavy free weights on a regular basis and there was no way there were the amount of injuries in training there are nowdays and there were no medical departments, just a physio!

This has to be something to do with the way the players train but I just don't understand how.

Not that long ago players used to slog themselves on 10 mile runs on the roads or up and down hills on a cross country course and lift ridiculously heavy free weights on a regular basis and there was no way there were the amount of injuries in training there are nowdays and there were no medical departments, just a physio!
I’m just stabbing in the dark here but could it be related to the pitches at the EPC?

It's probably more a case of better awareness. Maybe back in the day a player would play through pain, play 40 plus games a season and retire at 31. Now they're more likely to sit out for 2 or 3 games when they feel the pain, play 30 games a season and retire at 36. You can't blame a player for wanting to maximise their career and therefore take less risks with their body.

Was a player playing through pain able to give the level of performance required?

There's probably also an element the club wanting to protect an asset. If you've got a player you're developing, going to sell on at a profit, you don't want to risk serious injury so probably err on the side of caution.

It does feel like the last couple of seasons our lack of availablity has been too much though.

Does seem to be more ‘out of match time’ injuries in the last two or three seasons. Don’t know what this is down too.