𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐋𝐄: Midfielder Returns For Second Spell - HAVE A READ! | Page 2 | Vital Football

𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐋𝐄: Midfielder Returns For Second Spell - HAVE A READ!

It's just as much about Alistair Smith getting his confidence back as McGrandles coming back to us. Smith will be playing every week at Colchester, something he wouldn't with us. He'll come back a better player and we then need cover which Conor covers.
Completely understand why we sent Snith out on loan, it was the right thing to do. I think McGrandles is a reasonable stop gap for the remainder of the season. Though with Ted’s injury problems will probably get a good amount of game time.

I just don't see why we need him. I hope he proves me wrong, but on the face of it, the only thing that would make it worthwhile, is as a stop-gap because we have sold Hamilton or Erhahon for big money, but it had to go through late.

Would have preferred a more creative player. Never let us down when he was here before but I am still a bit underwhelmed to say the least. But let's give the guy a chance only time will tell if this is a good loan signing or not.

Many will judge him on the basis that he left us to allegedly move closer to home, and didn’t. But, there’s a lot of emphasis on the word allegedly. How do we know that was his intention?

He's just reiterated on the podcast that he never said he was going back to Scotland. I think he was linked to Hibs or similar making a bid for him in his last year with us and that is the sole link that was ever made to a move to Scotland

Listening to the podcast and the interview with McGrandles, this does seem to be a move which has developed today rather than been in the making for a while. Might suggest a move for another has fallen through

I wouldn't dispute the qualities that McG has, and the one excellent season he had with us. In terms of a loan to the end of the season, it's a solid signing. I'm underwhelmed because I think we lack creativity and the abilty to bring players in to the game. Conor will be excellent at sweeping up, breaking up play, and supporting the midfield. But his positioning at times was questionnable and his passing poor. Neither of which seems to fit well with our 'plan'. He has a fantastic engine on him and will be good for players around him, and hope we see the bets of him, but he does need to prove himself if he's to add value to what we currently have. Is he fit?

A very interesting signing. I thought he was our second best player in the PO season but he hasn't really kicked on since then. I presume it'll be him and the 2 Ethans as our first choice midfield 3.

I’d of thought he might be on the bench with Ted playing the first 60 minutes.

That PO season he had some incredible players round him…

Disappointing signing. He’s clearly struggled at League One level since January 2022. I get the Smith loans and McGrandles is now a back up but would much rather have someone who can push Hamilton and Erhahon. Looks like a panic signing.

You can listen to his interview on the link provided below!

Not convinced we’ve spent all this time researching available players and ended up with a player who’s been released today
Seems a tad risky if this was the transfer plan