๐€๐‘๐“๐ˆ๐‚๐‹๐„: City Appoint Leeds United Coach As Head Coach - HAVE A READ! | Page 2 | Vital Football

๐€๐‘๐“๐ˆ๐‚๐‹๐„: City Appoint Leeds United Coach As Head Coach - HAVE A READ!

Well up to about 2 hours ago Iโ€™d never heard of him. He looks to have excellent pedigree, but Iโ€™m a bit concerned at his lack of experience of managing a league teamโ€ฆ feels like a bit of an MK take 2. Hopefully those with more knowledge than me can give me a bit more confidence!

This appointment is unlikely to fix the attendances in the short term. However, with (hopefully) some positive football and results weโ€™ll see an upturn!

Look forward to the songs.

Welcome aboard Skubala and good luck!

Welcome to the Imps Michael, the fans can now do our part and get behind you to help make your time here a success. Michael has inherited a good squad that are capable of improving under his guidance.

Just to get in the 'I told you so' early.

Championship Coach, already in post, up-and-coming, progressive and mentioned on this very thread as long ago as October.

I think (and sincerely hope) he will do well with us.

Appears to be exactly what the board were after! Solid CV on paper, letโ€™s hope heโ€™s another Lincoln legend in the making!

Welcome aboard and the best of luck!

He sounds good. Great statement by Clive to go with it.

Must admit I have the slightest bit of peeved-ness at the claim we had a higher standard of applicants than we might have expected. He seems exactly the type of manager where I'd have put us before the process started but that had me dreaming of international managers and city group managers all sorts when the rumours came out. Who knows maybe they did apply and the board preferred Skubala, we are unlikely to ever know?

The way it's phrased and his profile does remind me a bit of Kennedy so I hope he can walk the walk in terms of style etc in the way MK couldn't. Onwards and upwards - skubes' barmy army!

Iโ€™m really pleased with the work the board has done getting Michael. Iโ€™m a lot more excited than I would have been appointing either of the Irish candidates whose names were in the mix. Letโ€™s now get behind him and the lads!

Those questioning the length of time it's taken to appoint the new coach need to read the article about Skubala's appointment and Clive's accompanying statement. If you're then still questioning the process, you're supporting the wrong club.

Welcome to the Imps, Michael, the journey continues!

As per any number of comments on the discussion thread, any appointment is a gamble. He sounds a good choice, let's be patient and give him time to deliver.

He'll have worked with Bielsa? Thsts a good start!
unfortunately he didnโ€™t join until after bielsa left

Well, I didn't see that one coming! How do the directors keep these things under wraps?

Let's get behind him because he may prove to be the greatest appointment the club has ever made.

I think they let social media and betting sites do all the speculation whilst they just keep going through the process. Ditto, didn't see this one at all!

Just pleased its all over, not my pick, but good luck to the bloke and get fully behind him and LCFC.
UTI.

Those questioning the length of time it's taken to appoint the new coach need to read the article about Skubala's appointment and Clive's accompanying statement. If you're then still questioning the process, you're supporting the wrong club.

Welcome to the Imps, Michael, the journey continues!
Presume you mean me. Well Iโ€™ve been an Imps Supporter for 76 years so I donโ€™t think Iโ€™m supporting the wrong club.